Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » New Trek » Starbase ships from 'Choose your Pain'

Author Topic: Starbase ships from 'Choose your Pain'
o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there,

I have a quick question regarding those four ships docking at the space station in 'Choose your Pain':

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/starbase-chooseyourpain.jpg

We clearly have an Europa-Class starship here and one that looks like the USS T'Plana-Hath.

But what are those other two at 11 o'clock and 4 o'clcok, respectively? Any ideas?

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Malachowski at 4.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, thanks! One down, one to go...
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd venture the other is a Cardenas.

I fuckin' hate these shitty class names. Thank fuck I'm disavowing it all.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

137th Gebirg
Member # 2692

- posted      Profile for 137th Gebirg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are a bit ponderous to remember.

Then again, I never much liked “Miranda” and “Oberth” either. Heresy, I know, but there it is.

Shik
Member # 343

Yeah, but those are better than this naming scheme of random little-known Air Force officers. It's too terrocentric, too Amerocentric. John Eaves should just be banned altogether now.

--------------------

o2
Member # 907

I do not like those names, either...
Regarding that 4th ship: Shouldn't have that Cardenas claas four warp nacelles? That ship does have only two, for what I can tell.

Shik
Member # 343

Nothing else has that sort of configuration, though. I figure the lower pair are hidden in the dark.

--------------------

Shik
Member # 343

Actually, you know what? I change my mind. I think it's actually a Shepard.

--------------------

o2
Member # 907

I believe you are right about the Shepard:

It looks like the necelles are above the saucher section. And the only DIS-ship class with only two nacelles we know of - besides the Enterprise - is the Shepard.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps