Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » New Trek » PIC 1x02 "Maps and Legends" ($$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: PIC 1x02 "Maps and Legends" ($$$)
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Theory 1: Romulans are actually Vulcan Cylons.

Theory 2: Vulcans created some kind of synthetic life and the Romulan exodus was a result of religious objection to this.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Borg are okay to harvest, though.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
Theory 1: Romulans are actually Vulcan Cylons.

Theory 2: Vulcans created some kind of synthetic life and the Romulan exodus was a result of religious objection to this.

I highly suspect Theory 1 is correct. And I have very mixed feelings about it.

On the one hand, yeah, it'd be Trek blatantly ripping off BSG by having the Rommies be the Thirteenth Tribe of Vulcan.

But on the other hand, we've seen a number of strange things concerning the Rommies over the years that don't make sense if they were just Vulcans that left their homeworld only two millennia ago. Things like Vulcans being unable to give blood to Rommies. I think the most popular theory explaining that has thus far been genetic damage/mutations from the nuclear wars that led to the schism, but... I dunno.

I have to admit I'm not disgusted by the idea itself; just annoyed at it being blatantly ripped from another sci-fi show.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
C'mon, Krenim, there's no originality here anymore. The whole tardigrade issue showed that.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nonsense. All this originality has happened before, and all this originality will happen again.

Clearly, the answer is what I figured out over at DITL:

"Now that the glass bottom was broken by Star Wars, they could just say "the dead speak!" and have Picard see Shatner-Kirk hooked up to Romulan Borg tech, the shadowy figure behind it all, his own post-Norman, post-Korby disdain for "synths" the secret reason he sought to put all these pieces into play."

This even explains how a biological person with a positronic brain could have super-strength, since of course she's Kirk's biological daughter . . . the super-jump was just her manipulation of the midiSwaggerons.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My theory is the opposite: the Vulcans are artificial, and drove the original Romulans off their own world.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps