Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » New Trek » Yet ANOTHER new show

Author Topic: Yet ANOTHER new show
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nunber 13 in the line, which means we'll have SEVEN concurrent productions.

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/star-trek-pike.html

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't look certain though, despite the headline, but it looks like they're now definitely considering it...

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
“Their two sources.”

Sounds like clickbait to me.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ironic considering Trek 'died' for a while due to over saturation of series and movies. At least I know that was the common theory.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I presume they have to balance franchise fatigue - people feeling overloaded by the breadth of Trek available and maybe only watching certain shows (but, they hope, not giving up on Trek altogether) - versus the possibility of attracting an overall wider audience by offering a range of different shows.

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unlike TNG/DS9 and DS9/VOY (i.e. shows that were running concurrently), I think CBS’s idea is that any time there’s a break in one Trek show, another show would be broadcasting during that time, so there would never be any time that Trek wouldn’t be on the air.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't one of them gonna be on Nickelodeon? The other animated series?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Isn't one of them gonna be on Nickelodeon? The other animated series?

That’s what I’ve heard. And from what I understand, Star Trek: Prodigy is supposed to be about a group of kids who find an abandoned starship. But that’s just a rumor I read and could be complete bs.

--------------------

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Children running a starship?

I'm already on the fence on Ghostbusters 2020 because they're going the kids route. So much so that they're, "Hey, you guys liked how the Stranger Things kids dressed at Ghostbusters, well one them is in Ecto-1!"

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Lee
Member # 393

Star Trek: Goonies.

--------------------

Zipacna
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for Zipacna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Star Trek: Dead Horse' to be announced next.

That said, I'd happily see a Pike series and completely forget the animated nonsence (including Lower Decks...if I wanted to watch Rick & Morty I'd watch Rick & Morty, and not its love-child) they're also planning.

Lee
Member # 393

BoTrek Starman.

--------------------

Hobbes
Member # 138

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhkfuyBLDlY I don't mind my Star Trek a little dark like DS9 took it, but where the STD universe is going with it... it's not my Star Trek. Sometimes while watching STP I think a mix of new Star Wars and Firefly which would be fine until slap the Trek name on top of it.

This is of to me the peak of DS9... In the Pale Moonlight was amazing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-YyL7X4CWw

--------------------

Hobbes
Member # 138

I rewatched 'In The Pale Moonlight' after making that post and it still holds up as one of my favorite DS9 episodes.

I mean I'm starship guy and some of you may of been to my old outdated website... but that episode was great storytelling. Then again I still love me some starship on starship action.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps