Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » New Trek » PIC 1x07 "Nepenthe" ($$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: PIC 1x07 "Nepenthe" ($$$)
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything's possible. I noticed in the Picard trailer giving away Riker being in an episode the dialog was slightly altered. IIRC, in the trailer it was Troi calling for Riker instead of Kestra in the episode. Making sure the audience knew Riker and Troi would be in to help build some hype and interest. Of course you can't help but want to know what became of the rest of the Enterprise crew.

I just hope if something like Captain Worf shows up to save Picard, and we finally see a Starfleet vessel, they don't give it away at all.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:

Concerning the “curable” illness... I interpreted it as saying not that curing the virus was illegal, but it was IMPOSSIBLE because all positronic networks were destroyed.

In "Life Support" Bashir had the capability to replace portions of Bariel's brain (even all of it after having already replaced some) with positronic implants. While one could argue these were parts from Earth or some other central manufacturing facility that were kept on-hand, that hardly seems likely.

That these were life-saving bits of kit should've made them on par with biomimetic gel . . . a controlled substance. An outright ban and destruction makes no sense, but even if they did that . . . well, I don't know all the particulars in Nepenthe, but it sounds to me like a replicator, the pattern/plans, and an EMH could do the job well enough. Riker would have access to all three.

Instead, we're supposed to believe that the guy who personally invaded a planet for love would sit back and say 'whoa, that's illegal, sorry kid'?

I think not.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I just say, boo to losing Hugh. [Frown] and Marina’s acting saved the day. She was great!!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps