Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » New Trek » The Other Cartoon: Prodigy (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Other Cartoon: Prodigy
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, Nickelodeon's Star Trek cartoon is going to be Star Trek: Prodigy.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Shik
There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh, just what we need, a ship of Wesleys.

--------------------
"I never agreed with Jefferson once—we have fought on like seventy-five different fronts. But when all is said & all is done...Jefferson HAS beliefs; Burr has none."

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, ver Prodge!

Owwwwwww... eeyow
Owwwwwww... eeyow
On the... Firestarter! USS Firestarter!
It’s that class you hated, Eaves-defecated!
On the... Firestarter! USS Firestarter!
He’s the instigator, named it after an aviator!
(hey! hey! hey!)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Shik
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A fucking plus plus PLUS, Lee.

--------------------
"I never agreed with Jefferson once—we have fought on like seventy-five different fronts. But when all is said & all is done...Jefferson HAS beliefs; Burr has none."

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, a bunch of kids find a defunct Starfleet starship, get it working and go out and have adventures? Five Go Mad In Deep Space? With lashings of Romulan Ale? Granted this joke only makes sense if you’re aware of the 80s UK TV show The Comic Strip Presents...

More seriously though, I’m wondering if this will be set during the long interregnum between PIC and DSC s3. It seems to me that a “defunct Starfleet starship” only becomes noteworthy if there’s no Starfleet or Federation anymore. After all we don’t know what happens to retired/decommissioned ships; presumably they’re reclaimed in an environmentally-friendly manner. And how large will this ship be? Nothing really large but presumably but more than a runabout, know what I mean?

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"After all we don’t know what happens to retired/decommissioned ships..."

Well, we know that sometimes they get put in a scrapyard, à la "Unification". Also, more relevantly, there's what happened to the Stargazer : Picard and crew abandoned ship and said "eh, it probably blew up after we left, right?" and it just floated in space for years.

Lee
Member # 393

Sometimes I wonder if that’s what ex-Flareites think. They often seem far too surprised to find we’re still here when they return after a long absence.

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Sometimes I wonder if that’s what ex-Flareites think. They often seem far too surprised to find we’re still here when they return after a long absence.

Here I am having to write “LOL” like a 90s-era caveman instead of just using a heart or “haha” tapback. [Big Grin]

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the ship the kids commandeer will be a derelict from the Dominion War. That implies but doesn’t require that it’s set in the late 24th century like the other new shows... though I suppose it could be set later, if kids flying around in an antique spaceship makes any (more) sense.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

21 years and counting. My Flare account is old enough to drink now.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Shik
Member # 343

quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
quote:

Here I am having to write “LOL” like a 90s-era caveman instead of just using a heart or “haha” tapback. [Big Grin]

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the ship the kids commandeer will be a derelict from the Dominion War. That implies but doesn’t require that it’s set in the late 24th century like the other new shows... though I suppose it could be set later, if kids flying around in an antique spaceship makes any (more) sense.

The implication being that finding & fixing an abandoned war-loss starship is the same as restoring an old Camaro you found in a barn.

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

Well yes, precisely. If still a going concern, where will Starfleet be in all this? Presumably they're going to have an opinion about a bunch of teenagers digging up a long-lost starship, on which it's likely people died, so as to be able to get girls. And you just know that the characters are going to be all perky and, well, there's no getting away from it, excessively American about it all. Manifest destiny, self-expression, all that guff. Ugh.

--------------------

Shik
Member # 343

"American Graffiti" in space

--------------------

137th Gebirg
Member # 2692

- posted      Profile for 137th Gebirg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don’t know about “perky”. Most teenager-based shows I’ve seen are full of insufferable angst-ridden artificial drama. The upcoming “World Beyond” TWD spin-off follows a similar premise, a bunch of teenagers trying to survive during the zombie apocalypse. Don’t know if I want to see it or not, but I’ve been following the other two WD shows and I figure I’ll give it a chance, but my expectations are low... like subterranean low.
Lee
Member # 393

OK well that's boring. The USS Protostar, NX-76884, therefore Protostar-class.

Registry puts it after the USS ibn Majid NCC-75710, but before the tranche of Luna-class vessels - or before the one canon one, USS Titan NCC-80102

https://twitter.com/MariusJacobs16/status/1418625888967659522?s=20

It's just feasible it could be the same class as the ibn Majid (if you ignire the registry, anyway). Only front and rear views in the new teaser trailer, showing it to have Sovereign and Interpid lineage I'd suggest, so consistent-ish for the time period the registry aligns to.

--------------------

Shik
Member # 343

I have so much to say, I don't know where to start.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.