Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » New Trek » Disco Season 3 Trailer ($$$)

Author Topic: Disco Season 3 Trailer ($$$)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The full trailer for Discovery's upcoming Season 3 came out yesterday.

First, it seems that the Federation has NOT fallen. However, it does seem to be very much in decline.

Starfleet also seems to still exist. What appears to be a 32nd Century uniform appears. Tough to make out details because it appears only momentarily, but it seems be similar (but not identical) to 29th Century uniforms.

The event that led to the Federation's decline is referred to as the "Burn". (Hmm... "Burn"... "Burnham"...) My completely baseless theory is that somebody Omega moleculed the galaxy, but that Disco's spore drive is unaffected somehow and they try to put the Federation back together.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Shik
There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate "fall of the Federation" shit.

--------------------
"I never agreed with Jefferson once—we have fought on like seventy-five different fronts. But when all is said & all is done...Jefferson HAS beliefs; Burr has none."

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So who are the V’Draysh?

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I’m with Krenim, it sounds like there’s some sort of natural-ish disaster, and Omega particles would certainly tie in with the spore drive to make the Discovery an important ship despite its age.

The good news is, this show can only be better than Andromeda was, right? *fingers crossed*

And there’s going to be a cat! That’s an automatic +1 in my book. [Wink]

I’m very curious to see if/how “Calypso” fits in to season 3. When it was first released, we all assumed that it was set ~1000 years after 2258... but what if it’s set a thousand years after 3188?

It might also be possible that whatever disaster happened, there are different fragments of the Federation that each survive, though out of contact with each other. That could explain how mangled names like V’Draysh arise.

</wild guessing>

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.