Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » New Trek » LD 1x06 "Terminal Provocations" ($$$)

Author Topic: LD 1x06 "Terminal Provocations" ($$$)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, wasn't feeling this one too much because of the A-plot.

The C-plot has the Cerritos trying to ward off alien scavengers from looting a destroyed Starfleet ship. Really notable only because JG Hertzler was voicing the alien captain.

The B-plot was Rutherford trying to impress Tendi with a holodeck training program he wrote. Unfortunately, the attacks from alien scavengers cause the holodeck to go wonky. Jack McBrayer absolutely steals the show as Badgey, the murderous anthropomorphic Starfleet badge.

The A-plot begins with Mariner and Boimler shirking their duties to go see a "Choo-Choo dance", which was seeming a joke that wasn't funny to begin with and went on WAY too long. Their friend Fletcher stays behind to finish their work on the computer core, and he is seemingly attacked and one of the core components is stolen. Turns out Fletcher tried to use the core component to make himself smarter and only wound up turning the core component into a monster. He tries to pin this on Mariner and Boimler. However, the monster winds up taking out the alien scavengers, resulting in Fletcher getting promoted and transferred to the Titan (where he is promptly demoted again, but at least he's off the ship).

And AGAIN, Mariner and Boimler only interact with each other and Tendi and Rutherford only interact with each other. Seriously, if this show wants to survive, it needs to start mixing things up. And SOON.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also the second time an ensign has been promoted direct to lieutenant (bypassing lt. jg.). I get that the black pip isn’t that visible, but still.

And, as spotted by Jorg on Twitter, the (unnamed?) NCC-502 is of the same “Antares-class” design as the USS Antares in the TOS-R version of “Charlie X.”

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not saying I'm hating the series. It started strong in the first couple episodes but I haven't been feeling it lately. Each episode has had its moments and all and I'm not hating it either. For example I was laughing at the Starfleet version of the MS Word Paper Clip "Badgey".

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Badgey though, to me, was a bit too Bill Cipher (from Gravity Falls)...

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.