Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » New Trek » LD 1x10 "No Small Parts" ($$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: LD 1x10 "No Small Parts" ($$$)
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
...the only thing that screws up that logic is that while the crew of the Titan still wear the FC uniform, is they also have different commbadges and that doesn't make sense.
Why? It is basically a cosmetic difference.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose there is precedent in differing badges, even if it’s from a time when they were just badges, not communication devices.

And really there are plenty of real-world examples of wildly differing uniforms within single services, so it’s not that much of a problem - if you ignore the fact that for much of the course of established Trek continuity there was very little evidence of it!

... Aside from random examples, like the TMP uniforms (which were all over the place, and were I suspect an example of Roddenberry in his later years, being all happy-clappy, and seeking to play down the quasi-military trappings of Starfleet?) or the mix of TNG & DS9 in Generations.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It also makes sense for the crews of ships that "follow up", and for the staff of embassies, to wear a less militaristic uniform. Messaging is important.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I’m a bit late here. Didn’t have Amazon Prime for a while, so didn’t get to see LD until now. *loved* this episode. Best of season 1, and there were some GOOD episodes. The explosion when they went to warp was actually quite shocking. Also nice call back to use the little front section of the Pakled ship to be the ship they showed in Samaritan Snare.

Also some comments about naming inconsistencies and registry inconsistencies. Maybe they just build these older ships to the same design but 30 years after they first were released? Like they were probably still making Excelsior class ships into the 2370s.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps