Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » New Trek » DSC 3x01 "That Hope is You" ($$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: DSC 3x01 "That Hope is You" ($$$)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno. They thought back in the 1960's that we'd be zipping around in flying cars, but we aren't. And last I heard, Avery Brooks is still angry about that.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really hope there’s a good fucking explanation for this dilithium thing. Dilithium doesn’t bloody blow up. Trilithium does. Surely they can’t have confused the two? I do wonder whether the lack of an Okuda to point these things out is what lies behind some of the howlers nuTrek throws up.

(though there were howlers even then! Oh, sure, of course the Dominion would outsource the production of the drug that keeps their soldiers loyal to a bunch of gangsters like the Son’a, that makes perfect sense, I can’t possibly imagine what might go wrong there...)

It’s pretty ironic now that DSC ignores so much of the trappings of its original time period, when we have LDS that - for all it’s set 15 years after it ended - faithfully renders the look of a TNG-period show.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The work of eco-terrorists? Or some dastardly enemy?

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
The more I think about it, the less credible I find it that Warp drive was still the #1 travel method a 1,000 years later.

Yeah, you’d think that by the 32nd century, Starfleet would be able to use the Borg’s transwarp conduits or reverse engineer them for their own use. You don’t need warp engines if you’re just using a conduit to get places.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps