Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » New Trek » DSC 3x02 "Far From Home" ($$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: DSC 3x02 "Far From Home" ($$$)
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
double post

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat: If you’re referring to the pic I posted of the starships, none of them are the Inquiry class, or DSC ships. They’re all new.
How do you know? No, really. How can you POSSIBLY know from one blurry screenshot? And no, if the answer is “They just can’t be, they wouldn’t” then you’ve not been paying attention for the last year.

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, because I know what the DSC and PIC ships look like, and I don’t see anything that resembles them in that pic. Point out which ships look like Inquiries and Magees to you.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Lee
Member # 393

You’re missing my point here. Several times. I said I hadn’t found the Magee yet, but wouldn’t be surprised if there was one given their recent track record in the use of anachronistic FX elements. And there are several ships plainly visible which from what we can see adhere to the “primary hull, possibly secondary too, shallow-angled pylons, and nacelles” model which could easily be Inquiries given our limited sight of them - and that aforementioned track record in inappropriate recycling.

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we know that at some point we’re going to see a Hiawatha and a Hoover crash, so they definitely are reusing season 1 & 2 DSC production assets. We just don’t know what the context is of the scene where they crash. I thought it was going to be a flashback to the Burn, but we just got that with the scene I posted a pic of.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Lee
Member # 393

Good call on the flashback to the Burn. there. 8)

--------------------

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
Shitloads of new 30th century ships:

https://i.imgur.com/hlpq1ME.png

I can make out nine different designs. Going from left to right:

1. Spiky ship with four orange lights
2. Twirly ship that's taller than it is long
3. Triangle ship with four nacelles similar to Section 31 ship, nacelles possibly unattached
4. Flat oval ring ship, possibly Romulan?
5. Starfleet ship that we've previously seen as wreckage near the listening outpost
6. Donut ship reminiscent of the "V" mothership
7. Halo sword ship
8. Horseshoe shaped ship
9. Another tall ship, possibly the same one as #2

There are also two or three ships that are really far away; not sure if they're also some of the above or yet more new designs.

I can make out quite a few of the well known Copy-and-Paste class...

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps