Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » New Trek » DSC 3x06 "Scavengers" ($$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: DSC 3x06 "Scavengers" ($$$)
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone find Jonah & tell him to come back so he can tell us all how registry letter suffixes after refits was Matt Jeffries' original plan again.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
Well, putting it that way, in my headcanon the writers and producers of this show are just morons and the Tikhov, the Voyager, the Constitution, etc. are all brand new ships (or at least new as of the Burn) and the Discovery getting an "A" was just a one-off thing that applies only to it.

That’s the spirit!

On social media I just seem to be snarking on the technology depicted in this show so much. Time was there were only a handful of really insurmountable inconsistencies in Star Trek canon. Now we seem to get a new one each episode. It doesn’t necessarily affect my personal enjoyment of the show - it obviously doesn’t for many others. Most Trekkies do not dissect the show the way we do - and on which the very existence of this forum is based on. Maybe our way of doing things isn’t relevant anymore. It’s to be expected, nothing lasts forever. Most of our compatriots grew up, grew out of it, moved on to other things, got on with their lives (as we all have really - in my case, the way my brain operates makes it easy to devote some headspace to it). TL;DR maybe we need to stop trying to rationalise the irrational...

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still baffled how shitty the Andorian and Orion make-ups look.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Maybe our way of doing things isn’t relevant anymore.

Our way is the correct way. Roddenberry made Star Trek with folks like us in mind, explicitly, and there are memos to that effect where he references folks like us alongside the concept of believability. The difference between then and now is only that now the choice is to make Star Trek without such concern and care for the product or the fans.

Or, put another way, the current Hollywood view is that dumbass money spends just as well as the money from the intelligent.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.