Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » New Trek » PRO 1x01/1x02 "Lost and Found, Parts I & II" ($$$)

Author Topic: PRO 1x01/1x02 "Lost and Found, Parts I & II" ($$$)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not bad. I recall hoping quite a while back that this would be more a "family" show and less a "children's" show, and I think that's pretty much what we got.

Okay, I held off on joining in asking this question until the show started airing, but now? Yeah, where is Tars Lamora? We've got plenty of Alpha/Beta Quadrant species (Tellarite, Medusan, Caitian, Lurian, etc.)... and then we've got a Kazon. Somebody says "this side of the Delta" at one point, but I'm not sure how to interpret that.

The Diviner and Gwyn are apparently the last of their species? Also, John Noble is such a good voice actor. I thought his Unicron was second only to Orson Welles.

Dal's species is unknown. Nope, I'm sure that won't come up again at any point. [Wink]

Holo-Janeway doesn't pop up until the last few seconds of Part II. Hopefully she'll provide some exposition in the next episode.

Visuals are good. Top notch animation.

I look forward to seeing where this goes.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a ridiculously strong Star Wars vibe from the whole thing. Maybe that’s just because Clone Wars and Rebels did such a good job establishing an approach for doing family-friendly shows, and Star Wars has always been good at being kid-friendly. I don’t think it’s a bad thing, it’s just a bit closer to SW style than I expected. Prodigy could certainly do far worse. Plus, this is just the pilot episode to show how everybody meets everybody.

Yes, the location is definitely still ambiguous. We saw the Kazon, but they also mentioned the Window of Dreams seen in a S7 episode of Voyager, so I suspect they’re pretty far out there. We didn’t get any answers that us long-time fans were wondering, like when and where they are or how the ship got there. But there’ll be plenty of time for that.

Characters seem interesting. Obviously lots of stereotypical elements so far to give broad strokes, and we get to explore their hidden depths as the season goes on.

Overall it looks promising! I can’t wait to get my niece to watch it this weekend.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I can dig this so far. I could do without the Disco cues in the music, honestly.

I'm never not gonna think Adrian Pimento whenever Jankom Pog speaks. Gonna be tons of memes with him saying "No, no, no. I don't mess with computers, okay? Ever since I died of dysentery on the Oregon Trail I was like, "No thank you, I'm done with this.'" or "Who are we killing? I won't do kids. That's a rule. But that rule's negotiable if the kid's a dick."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See? It works really well:

-

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't been able to see it so far but I'm curious if there was any explanation how all these Alpha/Beta-Quadrant species (Medusan, Tellarites, Caitians, Lurians) ended up on a mining colony in Delta-Quadrant?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.