Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Unimatrix Zero Part One

Author Topic: Unimatrix Zero Part One
nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I finally saw the first part of unimatrix zero part one this week. Not a bad episode however in one scene the borg queen says "we see you soon harry". I was wondering what does this mean? I cannot wait to see the second part although i will have to wait a few months either on video or on Sky.

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah... to bad it'll probably lead to nothing. I don't have faith in Voyager's writing to actually foreshadow several episodes ahead. Now had something like that occured on DS9 I'm sure it would of been resolved. But then again, the writers on DS9 knew what they were doing.

------------------
Calvin: "Nothing spoils fun like finding out it builds character."
This post sponsered in part by the Federation Starship Datalink

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Spoiler)
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
"We'll see you soon, Harry" means...Absolutely nothing! The Queen doesn't mention Harry again. This was presumably just some filler line to keep the audience guessing about something, and that the writers had no intention of following up upon later.

------------------
Homer: "Weaseling out of bets is what separates man from all the other animals...except the weasel."

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The DS9 guys never followed up on Odo's secret cardassian contact.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that could at least be construed as a plot device. Wasn't there something in that scene where the contact said something about how they were even now, anyway?

The line about Harry is meaningless. It didn't serve any purpose, whatsoever. Plot? No. Character development? No. Humor? No. Suspense? Maybe, but failed. Idiocy? Oh, wait. That's it...

------------------
Teal'c: "I am a traitor to no-one."
Jaffa woman: "Except your god!"
Teal'c: "False god! Dead false god..."
-Stargate: SG-1, "Into the Fire"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then again, even though the writers had no plans when they wrote the line, they may come up with something interesting in a later episode. The best things in TNG and DS9 began that way - the Borg were nothing but throwaway insectoid aliens-of-the-week originally; Worf was a barely speaking bridge extra; and the Dominion was just a random name dropped in a couple of 2nd season episodes back when the writers didn't have an inkling of what to do with it.

And the link between Odo's past and the Dominion was something the writers only came up with in a REWRITE of "The Search".

Timo Saloniemi

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.