Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Voyager Conspiracy,true or not? possible $$$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Voyager Conspiracy,true or not? possible $$$
Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, most of the episodes clues are made up by seven, but still some remain unsolved:
1.Where does the tractor beam at the caretakers array came from?
2.Why did Tuvok program/arm the trikobalt with more than the normal dosage?
3.Where does the Cardassian Galor came from, and why was it returned so swiftly?
4.Where did tetrium-reactor for the catapult came from?

These seems to be all the "hard" evedince that seven did not imagine, the remain unsolved however.

Any guesses?

------------------
This is how i prefer the borg... in pieces!!! -- Janeway in Dark Frontier

Seventhworld, the new SciFi-Project
http://www.seventhworld.de
Soon to be featured StarTrek Nemesis

Visit Rogue Fleet! The new StarTrek Internet RPG.
RogueFleet
Applications are still running!

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And this is why the ep sucked. They never answered these questions.

1) Is it imaginable that it wasn't, in fact, a tractor beam? Instead, just something that happened to look like one.

Or maybe Ransom and Equinox had obtained a cheap cloak and were hanging around. It could have been them trying to get a way home. Would you leave the perfectly intact array without at least trying to find your way home? Which of course brings up the question of why Equinox wasn't sent home...

Or it could have been anyone else with a cloak looking for a quick score. No telling.

2) To blow the freakin' array up. Simple as that. Maybe he figured on taking the Kazon with it?

3) Cardie space, presumably. I guess the Caretaker abducted it, and then sent it home. Perhaps it blew up on the return journey? That wave thingy was kinda rough on ships.

4) Could have been anywhere. Perhaps it was part of the lost alien's ship, and he was re-engineering it.

2)

------------------
"Still one thing more fellow-citizens--A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government..."
-Thomas Jefferson

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would argue that those reasons are not only why that episode sucked, but also why the quick wrap up of Equinox situation sucked. There's probably an explanation as to why the Equinox wasn't sent home and didn't destroy the array. There's probably all kinds of good stories to be told about the Equinox and why the Kazon didn't know about them (or maybe they did), but THEY DIDN'T TELL ANY OF THEM!! Heaven forbid we should have a GOOD ongoing plot line.

End of rant.

Yah, they really never did answer any of those. Just kind of left it hanging. Seven's messed up, but we'll just ignore the rest of it.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The build up was good, and an interesting conspiracy from episode one would of been great. But the end was a disappointment. But the Voyager writers don't like story arcs and like every episode to have a nice happy ending with very little development of any kind.

------------------
"Everyone should speak English or just shut up, that's what I say!" - Calvin.
This post is sponsored in part by the Federation Starship Datalink

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Where does the Cardassian Galor came from, and why was it returned so swiftly?

I was under the impression that this was Gul Evek's ship, the one that was chasing Chakotay's raider. I could have sworn that was what Seven said.

Anyway, until this episode came along and screwed everything up, wasn't the Caretaker's modus operandi being to steal ships from all over the galaxy and infect the crews with a virus, but having no intention of returning the ships or the crews to where he found them? Isn't that why the Dreadnought was still around in the Delta Quadrant, not to mention the Equinox? (although that's already been mentioned) My impression of the Caretaker was that he was interested solely in the Ocampa's welfare before he died. Returning the stolen ships would have been the last thing on his mind.

BTW, was there an actual line of dialogue in "Equinox" stating that the ship was brought to the Delta Quadrant by the Caretaker? I vaguely recall Ransom talking about a wormhole, but I don't remember any reference to the Caretaker.
------------------
Homer: "I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!"

[This message has been edited by Dukhat (edited December 20, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't get the impression that Gul Evek's ship had been taken ... I thought it was destroyed in the badlands?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It wasn't Evek's ship. Or if it was, they never mentioned it.

And Equinox WAS brought by the Caretaker. They were quite clear on that.

I'm not sure where I got the idea, but I could swear that the Caretaker was, in fact, sending the ships he abducted back from whence they came. Voyager was the exception, 'cause he was dying and didn't have time. Dreadnaught wasn't alive, so why bother?

Maybe Ransom didn't ask to be sent home? It's possible that you actually have to request it, or something. He could have been wary of beaming aboard the array. Or maybe it screwed up, and dumped them around where Voyager found them. It would explain how they got so far, and why they never saw the Kazon.

------------------
"Still one thing more fellow-citizens--A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government..."
-Thomas Jefferson

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evek showed up in DS9, too? Didn't he? I'm pretty sure it was Evek was chasing the Maquis ... anyway ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited December 20, 2000).]

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evek did not reappear after "Caretaker". It is possible he died in the Badlands, but this was not specified. "Caretaker" did not claim that the Voyager was chasing Chakotay on the basis of Evek's testimony - they were conducting an independent investigation, and were using things like plasma trails and Tom Paris' advice and possibly also Tuvok's squealings in order to trace the Maquis ship. So Evek need not have survived.

Apparently, when the Caretaker took a ship, he infected all of the crew and returned those who did not get a fatal disease. Ransom probably got swept to Delta, his crew infected, and then returned, with a man or two missing. In which situation he ran like hell, unless his ship was too badly damaged. Only those who loitered near the array afterwards would have been sent back, really.

That was thus just a judgement call by Ransom. Janeway was thickheaded enough not to run away at once, so she found out the Caretaker did not further harm his victims. Thus, she learned there was a theoretical chance of getting a ride home, either by asking nicely or by forcing the Caretaker. Ransom would not have considered *either* of these a possibility, given how his ship had been vastly overwhelmed by somebody obviously malevolent.

Timo Saloniemi

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's also the fact that Neelix had heard the story of how ships had been abducted at least a few times. He also seemed to know what the CT was up to at least a little bit.

This implies to me that some of the ships stuck around in that area long enough to talk to people. IMHO, there should have been a lot more to this in the first season. Running into others who had been brought, finding wrecks etc.

It makes total sense that it was Evek's ship that was brought though I tend to think they would have found the ship if it had remained there. It would have been brought there about the same time as Chakotay's ship after all.

And yes, Evek was in "Tribunal" DS9. Maybe other eps too, but that's the one I remember. mr. "Reliable Sources".

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evek was most definately in "The Maquis Parts 1 and 2"

Wasn't that debris field that Neelix was found in a result of ships that had been pulled by the Caretaker from around the Galaxy...

Andrew

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"The Maquis" and "Tribunal" were both second season DS9. The Encyclopedia has him as "presumed dead" after the Badlands incident, but all that really means is that he did not show up after that.

There are alot of reasons why the Equinox didn't get sent back. Another (more powerful and extremely angry) alien ship could have been brought in at the same time and, unable to harm the Caretaker, decided to vent its anger at the smaller ship. The ship could have chassed the Equinox way of course before they finally were able to head home. It is also possible that Ransom attacked the array, and the Caretaker responded by flinging the Equinox away in a random direction.
Whatever the reason, I believe that it is safe to assume that the Equinox was forced to take a much different path back.

------------------
"Those who cast the votes decide nothing.
Those who count the votes
decide everything." -Joseph Stalin

[This message has been edited by Obi Juan (edited December 21, 2000).]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Hmmm. That's possible. I never really thought of that, but that would mean that many of the ships fared far worse than Voyager on the trip to Ocampa. That dbris field could be ancient. It could've been anything. Again, they never really developed it at all.

------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought that NO ships were returned by the Caretaker. In the pilot ep, Neelix knew all about ships being brought there, but nothing about them being returned - if he did, he could have said "oh, just wait around and he'll send you back" (and there'd have been no series - if only!). It's only in this particular ep that the idea of a Cardassian ship being taken and returned crops up - I'd say that it's something else Seven made up. Either that, or a different Cardassian ship was taken, and not reurned, but slunk off to who knows what fate in the depths of the Delta Quadrant.

------------------
Luke Ford: "What's it like having a dick in your ass?"

Zoe: "Imagine taking your bottom lip and pulling it over the top of your head. You get used to it but it does hurt."

Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes,that with Eveks ship strucked me as odd.
Seven said the abducted Galor-Class Ship had the same hull geometry and emission signiture as the ship that chased Chakotays Maquis Raider into the Badlands, and therefore it should've been Evek who was also kidnapped.
The kidnapping must've happenend BEFORE the Episode Caretaker, since Evek's Galor was detroyed or either heavily damaged. So the Cardies must have known something about the Caretaker!!!
But either they simply didn't mention it to Starfleet or the Caretaker infected them with some kind of neural repression virus....
or more simpler: The Ship WAS indeed returned, but the Crew was dead and Evek just got the command over the ship.
Anyway, all of the Galor-kidnapping must've happened BEFORE Chakotays "departure".

Oh, really like the idea about the Equinox kidnapping the Caretakers reactor!

------------------
This is how i prefer the borg... in pieces!!! -- Janeway in Dark Frontier

Seventhworld, the new SciFi-Project
http://www.seventhworld.de
Soon to be featured StarTrek Nemesis

Visit Rogue Fleet! The new StarTrek Internet RPG.
RogueFleet
Applications are still running!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps