Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Another issue with "Homestead"

Author Topic: Another issue with "Homestead"
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the Delta Blues review of the episode correctly describes the opening moments of the story, and isn't just a big joke on those readers' expense who haven't seen the ep, there's some rock'n'roll playing there - "Zephram Cochrane's favorite music".

How should these folks know what Cochrane's favorite music was, before Picard went back and looked in "FC" (the heroes seemed completely surprised by their findings, after all)? What did Picard report? And how did this piece of news reach Voyager - among the monthly high-priority messages, perhaps? Or as a test signal for the new constant instantaneous communication?

Or did Seven actually help Neelix and Naomi set up the party by providing some inside info? That would mean that the Collective did learn what had transpired in the past, even if the Borg in "FC" didn't seem to succeed in creating a commlink. Or then they assimilated some Starfleet data after Picard's return but before Seven's secession.

IMHO, this serious problem warrants a much more detailed explanation than the mere issue of how the Talaxians got to the asteroid belt before Voyager did...

Timo Saloniemi

------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, who gives a shit? Bit late for them to start trying to make sense now. The show's nearly over, we can then start trying to pretend to ourselves that it never happened. Enterprise should help in that regard, by eclipsing it in sheer awfulness.

------------------
Phasers

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

SMACK!

Give it a chance, man.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it could be possible that Cochrane's "favorite music" was recorded in some out of the way biography that the Big-E crew wasn't familiar with.

I suppose someone knows what the Wright brothers (other) hobbies were for example.

------------------
TK

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would guess, when the E-E got back after FC, there was a huge overhaul to the Federation library's info on ol' Zeffie Cochrane. And I'm sure SF has sent as many informational updates as possible to Voyager. So I'd guess they have the current historical database. Especially since this guy was one of the most important figures in Earth (or even UFP) history, and his biographical data has been totally reversed. I think that would be a big enough deal that Voyager would be informed by someone...

------------------
"Adults Do Not Teach By Examples, But By Word Scams That Brainwash And Indoctrinate Their Children's Malleable Minds, Destroying Youth. Rote Education Corrupts Childhood, Forcing Children To Become Adults."
-Gene Ray

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or ... everybody knew what music Zephram Cochrane liked to listen to. What they didn't know was that he liked to listen to it in the middle of a drunken orgy ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps