Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » In praise of RESET buttons (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: In praise of RESET buttons
spawnie
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with PsyLiam, in that it is insulting to the fans to think that they aren't clever enough to put the pieces together and realize that it's part of a continuuing arc. Point well taken on B5 though, I wouldn't want trek to go as far as they did, in missing an episode means the rest are incomprehensible.

And I also remember about having to convince 'the powers that be' of having a six-story arc. Perhaps it's time TPTB had a little more faith in the writers and producers of the show to know what's best.

IP: Logged
Jordan
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope...sorry...bzzzzzzzzzztttttttt!

Reset buttons is a crutch for lazy story telling and TPTB should know better. It's insulting to fan and severly limits story telling potential. Which is why I praise B5 AND DS9 for breaking from the status quo and doing arc stories, which is a lot more appealing to me as a viewer because it gives it a feel that i'm watching a book on TV. And it genually excites me and drives me nuts at the same time trying to figure out how the characters are gonna get out of this mess...by tuning in next week...and seeing what the latest chapter is.

------------------
Goodnight my love...the brightest star in my sky...

Goodnight...you have been my sky, my sun and my moon...

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps