Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » False Alarm.... :-O

Author Topic: False Alarm.... :-O
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So the Voyager credits are rolling, and the voiceover by TV12 Bellingham WA for the subsequent DS9 episode comes on... I'm kinda not paying attention, knowing beforehand she's gonna be Siege of AR-558. Then I catch it... "Ezri searches for Worf"...."Sisko plans to marry Kassidy Yates"....

and, for lack of a better term, orgasmic emotion sweeps over my body.

They're airing a week early! The cocks must've decided to air the ep as soon as they got the uplink. I'M GONNA SEE PENUMBRA A WEEK BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE!

Of course it was too good to be true. The announcer guy was reading the wrong week's summary, and after one of the tensest commercial breaks in my life, on comes Rom crooning "The Lady is a Scamp". It's Siege alright. Never before has such a highly rated episode felt so damn terrible. I turned it off. Too painful to think of what might have been.

The moral of the story? TV Stations who's sole existance is based on not having to show Canadian content but still getting to 2.5 million-odd Canadians are more likely to make bad mistakes than good ones.

------------------
"Breen. Try saying it. Bre-een. Rolls nicely off the tongue, doesn't it?"

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, good, so I'm not hearing voices in my head

I too was fooled by that announcer, was just about to turn off the tv after Voyager when I heard it. Somebody obviously wasn't thinking down there. Oh well, I've waited through a long time of reruns, we can wait one more week.

Or perhaps we were the victims of an (early) April fools joke on the part of the station.

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

[This message was edited by Chimaera on April 01, 1999.]

IP: Logged
Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When i watched the VOY credits last night for Ar-558, I saw the preview for the DS9 finale. "The Last Chapter," they called it. Had some new fleet scenes that were accomplished by taking the "call to Arms" fleet minus the Klingons, and putting DS9 in the background.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Must have been getting food when they announced that for DS9.
Cruel, cruel trick

------------------
I did'nt do it.

IP: Logged
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agg - find his name. Then..kill the announcer.

Some random violence should fix it.

*Just spent whole day with relatives*.

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps