Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » What's happening on the series?

Author Topic: What's happening on the series?
Antagonist
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please excuse my...absence.
lately I haven't been unable to watch DS9, due to unexpected events. Don't that just blow chunks?

Could somebody please explain to me any major event in the last few months? Ohhhh, say around the time the new Dax stepped in? *quivers in corner ready to be laughed at and pummled by soda can, candy wrappers, etc.*

------------------
"Truth is cheap, information costs."

[This message was edited by Antagonist on April 05, 1999.]

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the mafia guy and Ezri are boring as hell.
Other than characters fleeing to mafia guy in delight, it's been a good season. I guess the biggest event has been...(spoiler space, wheee!)
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
Kor died (or whatever his name was).

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

LB4747
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
*LOL* It took me a few moments there to figure out who you were talking about as "mafia guy". But I suppose that's an apt description of Vic.

Spoiler Space

$

$

$

$

$

$

$

Other important events:

- We found out that the Founders are dying from a disease - still unkown how or who might have infected them.

- Sisko was "created" by the wormhole aliens. His mum was possessed by a prophet for the singular purpose of marrying Joseph and having his son.

- Weyoun is dead. But he has since been replaced by Weyoun clone #7 who in turn replaced Weyoun clone #6 who attempted to defect to the Feds only to eventually kill himself to save Odo.

- Nog lost his leg in battle.

- Both the genetically enhanced mutants and Section 31 returned.

I'm probably forgetting a few things, but the first half of the season really didn't advance the war arc that much.

------------------
Lawrence Boucher
"Written @ the speed of thought"

[This message was edited by LB4747 on April 05, 1999.]

IP: Logged
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Lawrence basically has it all there. The only story that really advanced the war arc was "Treachery, Faith and the Great River". There should be a handful of pages about this ep scattered throughout TGL, and they should give you all the details you need. Otherwise its been fairly quiet. There was some muffing about with Section 31 on Romulus, some Bajoran-Romulan friction early on, and the death of Kor. Those eps pretty much retained the status quo.

------------------
"......"
             -The Breen at Internment Camp 371

Antagonist
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks greatky, guys, you've brought me back up to speed. (I didn't want to read anything on TGL in fear that I might be tempted to look at future eps as well!)

The thing is, in this area of the world the local TV broadcast station managers are so freaking stupid that they rather play reruns of DS9 rather than new episodes. And the stupid part about it? They run preview commercials about "in eight week the final chapter...watch this Sunday night" blah blah blah. And then they show a rerun! HMMPF!

------------------
"Truth is cheap, information costs."

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps