Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The plot thickens ($-The Changing Face...)

Author Topic: The plot thickens ($-The Changing Face...)
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Press Release for The Changing Face of Evil... courtesy Star Trek Universe, which in turn got it from Vidiot, which in turn happens to be down....

The crew's relief at Worf and Ezri's safe return is tempered by reports that the Breen have attacked Starfleet Headquarters on Earth. While Dominion and Breen commanders exult in their sneak attack, their supposed ally - Cardassian leader Damar - secretly plots to free his homeland from Dominion occupation. Meanwhile, on Bajor, Dukat tells Kai Winn she must release the Pah-wraiths - the corporeal enemies of her people's gods - from the planet's fire caves by reading the ancient forbidden text of the Kosst Amojan.

Louis Fletcher as Kai Winn

Penny Johnson as Kassidy Yates

Jeffrey Combs as Weyoun

Marc Alaimo as Gul Dukat/Anjohl

Casey Biggs as Damar

J.G. Hertzler as Martok

Aron Eisenberg as Nog

Barry Jenner as Admiral Ross

James Otis as Solbor

John Vickery as Gul Rusot

Salome Jens as Female Shapeshifter

My own comments to follow. But I think a heartfelt wow is in order.

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

[This message was edited by The_Tom on April 05, 1999.]

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris just updated TGL with this stuff as I was posting, too....

Rusot rings a bell. Wasn't he Odo's informant that he thought was dead but in fact was alive but in fact was dead? Or am I just confusing you and myself.

By the way, right now I am blown away. The level of Breen involvement in The Final Chapter is far greater than I had ever dreamed would be possible. My check to TPTB is in the mail.

Oh.. one more thing... WhoTF is this Solbor fellow? He's in TTDUP, SB and now TCFOE. Must be important... could this be some sort of alternate name for Thot Gor?

------------------
"......"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Of course, never let it be said I didn't complain about something.

If the Breen are SO powerful, why have they always been portrayed as a fairly minor nuisance? I mean, it would appear that the Breen are being made out as the second Dominion in terms of strength. This really doesn't jibe with their previous history as privateers.

I just hope they keep the Breen nice and cold. No "oh, their ships are only twenty or so degrees below Earth averages." I want subzero, freezing Breen. I want Vorta representatives to have to show up on Breen ships wearing environmental suits. Most of all, if we see helmetless Breen, I hope they make an effort to make them look really different.

------------------
"And though I once prefered a human being's company, they pale before the monolith that towers over me."
--
They Might Be Giants

jh
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this much we know, there is no excuse for them not having consistency this time. With all the time that they've spent working on this final arc and with all the references to the Breen they should be able to make them consistent with canon. IE: They should fire disruptors (ST:VII) and have cloaking ships (TNG: Hero Worship) not to mention the cold factors.

Sol: I kinda always thought that the Breen were labeled as pretty powerful just reclusive, along the lines of the Tholians. They just didn't have as much interaction with the other races because they weren't environmentally compatible. Where did I get that impression?

------------------
"A screaming comes across the sky..."

IP: Logged
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not to mention organic ships, or at least ships with organic components (Scorpion, VOY). Not that I expect DS9 care about Voyager continuity...

------------------
Ah... Now I enter these hallowed halls a conqueror... Yes...

-Megatron, "The Agenda, Part Three"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it was Gul Rusol who was mentioned in "Treachery, Faith, and the Great River" and presumed seen in "Improbable Cause".

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

*check Dominion Arc @ TGL*

Yup. It indeed was Rusot. Kewl.

------------------
"......"

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps