Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Son'a !!!

Author Topic: Son'a !!!
Graboid
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw Penumbra. Did anyone notice the mentioning by Weyoun and Damar of the Son'a? Apparently a Son'a outpost is producing ketracel white for the Dominion and Starfleet just found out about it.

With a referrence to them from Insurrection, can the Enterprise be far behind?

------------------
Commander Armstrong
Executive Officer
USS Sovereign NCC-74222
www.aesim.com/sovereign

IP: Logged
Enterprise
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Enterprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope so. I would love to see an appearance of the Big E before DS9 ends.

------------------
Brandon "Enterprise" Grasmick
Commanding Officer, USS Sovereign (NX-74222)

"Captain, the Sona crew are willing to negotiate a cease fire. It may have something to do with the fact that we have 3 minutes of air left."
-- Worf

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
-- In time of war the law falls silent.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmmm those Son'a you'd think they'd be sorta dispanding after the demise of Ru'fo and the return of his side kick to the fold

------------------
Alamaraine, count to four...

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post 
I doubt it. First off, there can't have been more than a coupla hundred B'aku who left, and they've since roped in those two client races as part of their organisation. Now, what have the Son'a been doing for a hundred years? They must have had children. Many of these kids would be quite young, wouldn't need to go home, and wouldn't want to go to some backwater anyway - unless their parents had completely brainwashed them. Plus Rua'fo was an extreme case, maybe even some of the originals might have long since given up. So there could still be Son'a out there.
The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I can confirm the Son'a reference, at least... =]

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*mutters something about the USS Sentinel being assigned to destroy said Son'a outpost.. it was on the episode... honest...*

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eh. I have to say this sounds rather silly to me. Having the Son'a manufacture Ketracel White was a bad idea in Insurrection, and it's still a bad idea here. Why in the world would the Founders give such vital information away? What would have happened if Picard hadn't stopped the Son'a in the movie? If their alliance with the UFP had continued...

"Gee, thanks for letting us use this planet, Starfleet. Hey, would you like to see the recipe for the White?"

Three weeks later, the entire Dominion collapses.

The White is supposed to be a method of control. It doesn't work when you farm out production to every two-bit species in the quadrant.

------------------
"And though I once prefered a human being's company, they pale before the monolith that towers over me."
--
They Might Be Giants

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
maybe they don't make it in its entirety but only a needed part - say the sugar or caffine for a can of coke - coca cola don't give away the recipe they just need ingredients...

------------------
Alamaraine, count to four...

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*kills T_T*

Now, I was thinking this morning that perhaps this Son'a reference could be used as a way to determine the date of Insurrection. In Ins, Data knows that the Son'a are manufacturing White. Weyoun mentions that the Federation is aware of the Son'a manufacturing white on this newly established base. Thus, assuming that this is the Son'a's first white base, we can conlcude that Insurrection takes place either just before or just after this ep. Approx Stardate 527XX.X.

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So that's why they mentioned the white in Insurrection. Good continuity...

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps