Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » "What You Leave Behind" (Series Finale -$$Spoilers)

Author Topic: "What You Leave Behind" (Series Finale -$$Spoilers)
LB4747
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Glen at Aint-it-Cool has just posted that he's received a copy of the script for the finale.

Spoilers

$

$

$

$

$

$

Glen says

quote:
** No Enterprise-E appears in the finale. There is a space battle which could, in theory, incorporate the ship - but no Enterprise-E characters (other than DS9 series regular Worf) appear in the script, and there is no specification that the Enterprise-E makes an appearance in any way.

** No Gowron.

** No Spock.

** No Sloane (although there is a reference to Section 31).

In addition, he says the following characters appear:

quote:
Sisko
Kira
Bashir
O'Brien
Worf
Ezri
Odo
Quark
Jake
Computer Voice
Kasidy
Nog
Keiko
Molly
Garak
Weyoun
Damar
Female Shapeshifter
Vic Fontaine
Mila
Sarah Prophet
Sukat [sic] (I think he means Dukat here)
Winn
Ross
Martok
Jem' Hadar
Jem'Hadar First
Ekoor
Ginger
Morn (non-speaking)
Kirayoshi (non-speaking)
N.D. Supernumeraries

Finally, here's a portion from the official Paramount press release:

quote:
Paramount's Emmy Award-Winning STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE Marksthe End of Its Seven-Year Run with a Two-Hour, Final Episode

HOLLYWOOD, April 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Paramount's STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE, the #1 first-run drama series in national syndication,* ends its highly successful seven-year run with the filming of a two-hour final episode entitled "What You Leave Behind." Production began last week and continues through April 20. "What You Leave Behind," written by Ira Steven Behr and Hans Beimler and directed by Allan Kroeker, will air the week of May 31, 1999.

Speculate away!
------------------
Lawrence Boucher
"Written @ the speed of thought"

[This message was edited by LB4747 on April 08, 1999.]

IP: Logged
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess this means Mafia Guy will ruin yet another good episode:

"Hey Pally, Good job whacking those bastard Jemmies. Yeah baby!"

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, the appearance of both Odo and the female shapeshifter is definitly revealing about the fate of the founders and the result of their disease. I suspect that a cure is located for the disease (as rumours have hinted). But I am hoping that Dukat, or his Bajoran equivalent, will not make it to the end of the series, although it seems he makes it to the final episode.

Personally, I think Worf should get to kill him.

*runs downstairs to watch Penumbra*

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

IP: Logged
Antagonist
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

I still think that they're going about the series finale all WRONG.

There are alot of loose ends that will be expected to be cleaned up by the Voyager crew, and I think they should address mostof them in the 2 hour series finale.

1st, they should treat this episode like a movie. When I say "like a movie," I mean they should give it many different plots and settings. A huge space battle is a must, however the appearance of the Enterprise-E crew would just steal the show away from the cast of DS9. I'm not saying that they can't have the Enterprise in the battles, in fact I'd like to see that. And 2hours is not enough time. Ultimately the writers should make some sacrifices. They need to threaten earth directly. I liked the idea of a Dominion or Breen doomsday missile heading toward Earth. Not to mention some of the major characters dying. I mean, in real life, the main characters ALWAYS die!
Anyways, I'm sure that it will be a killer last episode, but i stillthink they could've rewarded the fans a bit more..

------------------
"Truth is cheap, information costs."

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd personally love to see the E-E swooping past DS9, but it ain't gonna happen.

Perhaps they're off the other side of the quadrant single-handedly fighting off another Borg incursion, or something.

------------------
"Is there anyone there with a gun?"
- On the Hour

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All I want is a Sovereign, ANY Sovereign, in the battle fleet...

Also, the Dominion Dreadnought MUST reappear. If it is left out of this super battle, I will be pissed off beyond words... I would like a Galaxy to ram it, taking it out. Poetic justice, I say (see "The Jem'Hadar").

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mila!

*truly believes Mila was Tain's wife or lover or something and therefore Mila is Garak's father*

It would be nice to tie that in somehow.

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Er, I think you meant mother, Elim.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Destruction Drone: "Throw down your weapons and I will spare your miserable lives!"
Rollbar: "That's the best offer we've had all day..."

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oops!

Well, that would certainly be different!

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

[This message was edited by Elim Garak on April 08, 1999.]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Darn. I was hoping that was a typo, and they meant actress/singer/model Milla Jovovich.
Oh, well.

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Milla Jovovich sings? And acts? I never saw her act, I only saw her standing in front of the camera in the fifth element. Cute, though.

Memorable 5th element quote: "chicken. good."

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

I'm notorious for getting off-topic..

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dang it. When I saw "Female Shapeshifter" as I was skimming, I thought it said "Federation Shipmaster."

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps