Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Penumbra (Spoilers)

Author Topic: Penumbra (Spoilers)
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got finished watching the late night edition of DS9. Usually I wait until the repeat Wednesday, at a more viewer friendly time, but I didn't want to delay seeing this one any longer than I had to.

My sacrifice paid off. This is a wonderful episode. It prooved, at least to me, that doing DS9 in a serialized format is possible, and would have worked. "Penumbra" didn't even have the self-contained plots of an average episode of B5, which was interesting. A true departure. Now, this is of course only allowed because the show is so near the end of its run. But it's something to take into account when the next Trek is being planned.

I cannot express how pleased I am to see Weyoun and Damar back on the show. While the two of them have never been quite as entertaining as Weyoun and Dukat, they carry certain subtleties all their own. And Weyoun on his own is always fascinating. The sheer look of...terror? disgust? on his face while talking to the Founder, culminating with her donation of another sample of her body tissue would have made the entire episode worthwhile. It's also interesting to note how open she, and presumably the rest of the Founders, are with the Vorta. Ruthless, yes, but there was no hint of deception regarding the health of the Link. The Vorta would appear to be so loyal that they can be trusted with such highly sensitive information.

I am very excited about what's to come. I think I even like the Breen ship.

Oh, I have a few complaints, but they're minor, and I want to stew in the excitement for a little while longer.

------------------
"And though I once prefered a human being's company, they pale before the monolith that towers over me."
--
They Might Be Giants

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have always felt that deep inside of Damar, resides a kind, gentle soul that is ashamed of being a servant to the Dominion.

I also like the Breen ship...though I would have appreciated some hint of something biological about it.

The only thing I didn't like about this episode was the fact that Worf and Ezri are getting all loving on each other. That's almost as bad as seeing the mafia guy in every other episode.

I mean, come on, he even hurt her when they...got physical. The only real explanation is that she planted some virus inside him that would allow her to play with his mind, among other things.

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But Worf is a Klingon. And Klingons have violent tendencies when...getting physical. I really liked the episode for the most part, but I can't get over Ezri's randomly changing rank pips. One minute they say she's a Lt., the next a Lt. jg. Strange...

------------------
"We choose to do this and more. Not because it is easy, but because it is hard."
-- John F. Kennedy

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She's been consistently a Lt. JG, although the reflection on her pips sometimes makes this look a but different.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Robot: "Hey, I'm stuck up here!"
Cyclonus: "Everybody's got to be somewhere."

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was fantastic. The continuity was great.

The Breen ship was incredible.

It's one of the better episodes of the season, in my opinion.

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I would aggree, especially when I saw how much their playing up Damar's displeasure with the Dominion, now that he realizes Cardassia has been reduced from full ally to mere servant. His complaining about everything from room temperature to casualties is certainly setting things up for future episodes (if those spoilers are indeed correct, which I happen to have a feeling they are).

------------------
"Sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you."
-Commander Riker, USS Enterprise

IP: Logged
Chris Howell
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
"The best is yet to come...."

:-)

Ch.

IP: Logged
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's unfortunate that what to come will still have Vic Fontaine, who I despise very much

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CRAP! I missed it!

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I missed "Penumbra" as well. My hometown's cable company is evil.

You think that's bad? My sole hope right now for seeing the finale rests in the hands of my technophobe grandparents...

------------------
Garak: Interesting. You saved the day by destroying the world.
Bashir: I bet they didn't teach you that in the Obsidian Order.

-Deep Space Nine, "Our Man Bashir."

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It should be in reruns within a year, though. Probably.

*wonders what cable company is not evil, then just comes to the realization that Krenim's hometown's cable company is simply the most evil of them all*

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps