Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » WIR... press release (obvious $$$) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: WIR... press release (obvious $$$)
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Considering every other bloody forum has this up...

quote:

When It Rains...
Episode #171
Production #571
SPELLINGS
[none]
SYNOPSIS
Eager to aid Damar's rebel movement on his homeworld against the Dominion, Sisko orders Kira toput her antipathy for the Cardassian aside and train his staff in resistance tactics. Bashir asks Odo to assist in his medical project by donating the Changeling-equivalent of a skin sample. On Bajor, Kai Winn studies the forbidden text of the Kosst Amojan to learn how to release the evil Pah-wraiths. Hoping to ease Cardassian sentiment against the Bajoran Kira, Sisko givers her a Starfleet commission and uniform.
CAST
Captain Benjamin Sisko - Avery Brooks
Odo - Rene Auberjonois
Lieutenant Ezri Dax - Nicole deBoer
Lieutenant Commander Worf - Michael Dorn
Jake Sisko - Cirroc Lofton
Chief Miles O'Brien - Colm Meaney
Quark - Armin Shimerman
Dr. Julian Bashir - Alexander Siddig
Colonel Kira Nerys - Nana Visitor
GUEST STARS
as Garak - Andrew J. Robinson
as Damar - Casey Biggs
as Gul Dukat[/Anjohl] - Marc Alaimo
as Martok - J.G. Hertzler
as Admiral Ross - Barry Jenner
as Gowron - Robert O'Reilly
Gul Rusot - John Vickery
Hilliard - Scott Burkholder
SPECIAL GUEST STAR
as Kai Winn - Louis Fletcher

Kira in SF uniform.....

I hope she gets the same provisional rank pip the Maquis on Voyager use. While she may have the equivalent experience of a Starfleet Captain, nobody who didn't go to Starfleet Academy should wear the four pips.

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

[This message was edited by The_Tom on April 12, 1999.]

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She'll probably be a provisional commander.

*likes the sound of the episode!*

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it just me, or do Cardassians switch sides rather easily, both collectively and individually?

Cardassian Union (Seasons 1-3): We don't like the Federation.

Cardassian Union (Seasons 4-5): The Klingons blew us to bits! Be our friend!

Cardassian Union (Seasons 5-7): We got us some new friends, so we don't need you anymore!

Cardassian Union (Season 7): The Dominion made a treaty with the Breen, so we don't like them anymore! Help us get rid of them!

------------------
Garak: Interesting. You saved the day by destroying the world.
Bashir: I bet they didn't teach you that in the Obsidian Order.

-Deep Space Nine, "Our Man Bashir."

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Commander would be reasonable if she's a Lt. Colonel. Of course, she still has the Major pin, so we can't tell.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Megatron: "Waspinator, salvage Inferno."
Waspinator: "Inferno blow up, Waspinator must salvage. Waspinator blow up, nobody salvage. Why universe hate Waspinator?"

grb
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I think the Cardassians have just spent the last 7 years trying to save their dieing empire. Look, before DS9, there were the cardassian-federation wars, the poster of the cardassia of the time. An expansionist cardassia, just reaching out to the other alpha qudrant poweres (klingons, romulnas, federation). They see the federation, and want to try to knowck the federation out of the way to let their empire grow. Then there are those nasty political problems at home, as cardassian civilians want to take the power away from the military central command and back in the hands of the detapa council. So, the cardassians retreat from Bajor and the federation on the eve of one last attempt to put confidence back in the military by starting another war with the federation (chain of command, pts. 1 and 2). So, the feds move into bajor, discover the wormhole, and the qudrant plunges into chaos. In the midst of this choas, with the cardassian military itching to retake bajor, the cardassian civlilians overthrow the military governemnt and put power back in the hands of the detapa council. But as a result of this revolution, a klingon empire worried about dominion infiltration of alpha qudrant powers invades cardassia. The cardassians loose what's left of their empire in a matter of a month. Desperately trying to just survive, the cardassians gladyly accept federation and later dominion help. With the dominion as an ally, cardassia suddenly becmomes a major power again as they start war with the entire audrant. But over the 2 years of this war, the dominion has manipulated the cardassian governemnt, turning cardassia from an independent ally to a mere puppet. With the Romulans joining the allies, a series of stunning victories by the federation, and the emergence of the founder's disease, a dominion desperate to win the war calls for help from the breen. To make it advantegous for the breen to win the war, the dominion makes a deal that will take power away from cardassia. The dominion if ready to assist the breen, for the cardassians are merer servants by this point. The cardassians relaize that the dominion is stealing cardassia's potential empire right from under them, and realize that they are no longer in charge of their own fate. Thus, they decide to rebel and ragain control of their destiny.

My predictions, for after the war......

Cardassia will be intact. After joinging the allies for the last months of the war against the dominion the cardassians are at least perhaps slightly more trusted by the other AQ powers. The fedration probabaly would ally with this "new cardassia," which will probably keep most of its empire. The klingons are so battered by the war that they could never contribut to an occupation of cardassia. The romulans couldn't occupy a space that big all by themselves. Thus, cardassia remains free. No great qudrant spanning empire, but perhaps a chance to survive, and a chance to be free. Collarden and Chin'toka will probaably be given back. And the Cardassian Union will be remarkabley similar in size as it was when it began picking fights with the federation back in the 2350's......

------------------
"How many people does it
take before it becomes
wrong? 6,000? 60,000?
How many people does it
take admiral!?!" -Ambassador
Picard during his command
of the Enterprise-E in the
Ba'ku incident.

IP: Logged
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post 
I would say that it's an excellent fore-runner for Bajor joining the Federation and their militia being absorbed into Starfleet. . . 8)

------------------
"I am greater than the stars for I know that they are up there and they do not know that I am down here." - William Temple

LB4747
Ex-Member

You know, in all the spoilers regarding the final episodes, this is the one thing I haven't seen mentioned: whether or not Bajor gets into the Federation. I would hope we get some resolution to the matter.

------------------
Lawrence Boucher
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."--Yogi Berra
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
The important thing is not to stop questioning."
--Albert Einstein

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now she won'tbe wearing the jumpsuit anymore. Noooo....

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*points out SF uniforms are tighter*

------------------
"......"

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You sick, twisted little boy.....

------------------
"Is there anyone there with a gun?"
- On the Hour

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

I was an observation dammit! Just trying to reassure poor Fed Shipmater here...

*mutters*
Sick and Twisted... I'll show you sick and twisted....
*hands over the microphone to Liam*

------------------
"......"

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you live in Western Washington or Southern British Columbia, you can see all DS9 episodes 3 days before anyone else!

Wednesday 9 pm on KSTW chanel 11

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some people get DS9 on Mondays, actually.

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

I live in Southeren B.C.

So when does everyone get their DS9??
Mine is on Wed

------------------
I did'nt do it.

LB4747
Ex-Member

Here in New York City, we don't get DS9 until Saturday @ 7pm.

------------------
Lawrence Boucher
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."--Yogi Berra
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
The important thing is not to stop questioning."
--Albert Einstein

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps