Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » I'm shocked... ($$Dogs of War$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm shocked... ($$Dogs of War$$)
The Chosen One
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding the additional 8000 years of history that the Dominion apparently gained overnight...

Weyoun and/or the Female Changeling might have had a reason to say that the Dominion has been around for 10000+ years. We already know that the Cardassians are an ancient culture (at least several hundred years), not to mention prideful. Perhaps the Dominion anticipated that the Cardassians would be more impressed by an empire that has existed longer than they have, and thus more succeptible to join. Or maybe that was meant for the Breen. Thus, to continue having them as a major partner of the Dominion, the story would have to continue.

Similarly, perhaps the Dominion wanted to put some sort of propaganda inside the Federation's head. Thus, this explains Weyoun-4's line from "To the Death". For all we know, maybe the Dominion has only been around for five-hundred years or so. 2000 years is enough to impress me--10000 might be enough for other races.

Well, it's just a theory. Or a bad-continuity-writer's explanation postmortem. Whatever

------------------
"I have a bad feeling about this." -- Obi-Wan Kenobi

IP: Logged
The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good ep!!

------------------
THE DOOMSDAY MACHINE

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps