Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » $$What You Leave You Behind$$

Author Topic: $$What You Leave You Behind$$
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$ = Spolier, right?
I've heard a lot of early rumors on this episode, that it was suppose to be the biggest Star Trek episode ever. A few of the rumors have included the Enterprise in a final fight scene with phasers ablazing and torpedoes flying. Rumors also include the death of Sisko. My question is, how much of the rumors are going to be actually true? The one thing I really is the Enterprise in battle, that would kick ass.

Hobbes

Federation Starship Datalink

------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NO ENTERPRISE

------------------
"A Star Wars picture that preaches against greed is a little like Bill Clinton in the pulpit for a chastity-begins-at-home campaign."

-Rex Murphy on Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If Sisko did die, that would fit with the Prophet's warning that marrying Kassidy would cause "much pain and suffering," I believe the term was.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, no Enterprise. But at least another Sovereign-class ship, even the USS Sovereign itself. Reason being, Starfleet plans for a major final battle with the Dominion, and having one of the Federation's most powerful starships in the fight would be a logical move.

My battle plan: Have the small Peregrine-class ships (or whatever they were in "Sacrifice of Angels") start off early in battle with real close range attacks. Their small size lets them get close enough that larger ships like Galor-class warships or Jem'Hadar fighters and battleships wouldn't be able to target them real good. And at close range only phasers could be used because it's too close to use torpedoes. Meanwhile other Starfleet ships like Galaxy-class vessels provide cover fire to keep the Dominion ships occupied while the small fighters do their damage.
Akira-class ships are a must, definitely a must for battle since that seems to be their main purpose. Get two Akira's and a Sovereign go in deep, along with a Defiant or two that calls for serious damage.

These are just Federation ships too, lets not forget Klingon and Romulan ships. But I haven't thought of how they could come in.

Hobbes

Federation Starship Datalink

------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They probably wouldn't NEED to "come in," as they'd likely already BE part of the Main Battle Fleet, seeing as how this is an Alliance.

And I doubt they'll show any Sovreign class at all. That would make too much sense, having the newest powerhouse ship on the front lines. Although they might mention one hanging back as a command cruiser...

------------------
"... Then you'll see me do some MAJOR dancing on your face!" -- Cosby

Hobbes
Member # 138

I meant to how they fit into my battle plan. I wonder if the Prometheus-class is still considered highly classified. Cause if it isn't, it'd be a great addition to the Starfleet offensive.

Hobbes

------------------

Bentley
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
$POILERS, MAJOR $$$ (MAJOR Events that take place)
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
You have been warned!
I have seen the episode(I have a satellite dish).
Ok, heres the run down of major events, I don't want to tell the little ones.
1.There is NO Enterprise
2.Dumar,Dukat, Kai Winn, Weyoun(His final clone )and Sisko do die.(However Sisko is in the celestial temple, and says that he will return someday.)
3.The Cardassians Revolt and their ships turn on the Dominion.
4.By Linking with the female changling, Odo cures her(I guess the cure is still in in) and convinces her to order the Breen and Jem'Hadar to surender, and no fight to the last man.
5.Odo travels through the wormhole and cures the rest of the great link.
6. Cardassia is nearly completely destroyed because the female changling ordered the Jem Hadar to destroy it after the revolt. I believe 800 million dead.
7.After a few Cardassians sabotage power and communications, an entire Cardassian city is destroyed, 2 million dead.(Earlier in the ep)

That's all I can think of right now.

[This message was edited by Bentley on May 31, 1999.]

IP: Logged
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also learned that there will be many people in the episode who have helped over the years on DS9...including the security guard who watched the doors!

------------------
"We are all a product of the environment we live in.... the rest, good or bad, may be free will." Charles C. Bohnam

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps