Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Sisko's PADD in "Dogs of War" (no real spoilers)

Author Topic: Sisko's PADD in "Dogs of War" (no real spoilers)
Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

When Sisko gets the PADD from Admiral Ross in the beginnign of the eipsode, it has the new Starfleet Command logo on it. First of all, why does it say Starfleet Command, and second, is this the first time that this has happened?

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

[This message was edited by Federation Shipmaster on June 01, 1999.]

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post 
See? This is what I'm talking about. I go on and on. . . Listen, Feddy, you may well think that now "oh, everyone's seen Dogs of War now so I may as well blurt it all out whenever I want." But a lot of us haven't!

You have just committed a major spoiler, after telling people there aren't any spoilers here. This leaves me having to edit your post. Do it again and your status line will be "Without A Paddle."

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This brings me to the point of suggesting that the definition of a spoiler and conducting surrounding it be put in a FAQ. We're having way too many things like this lately, if you ask me.

Anyway, I didn't notice any difference in the logo.

------------------
Vreenak: "The man who started the war with the Dominion... Somehow I thought you'd be taller." (DS9: "In the Pale Moonlight")

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, come on!

If anyone has problems learning about a graphic on a PADD that I didn't even notice during the show they have major problems. This is real over kill as far a the spoiler crap goes.

------------------
"Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Optimus Prime."

Rule #1 : Always try to help a friend redeem himself from a past mistake.

[This message was edited by bryce on June 01, 1999.]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Er, Bryce, he wasn't talking about the PADD being a spoiler. He's talking about the Auo Paulo being renamed Defaint. THAT is the spoiler, and a whopper too, since it implies that the Defiant has been destroyed.

The safest spoiler policy is: Anything to do with the current season of DS9 or Voy and reveals important information is a spoiler. That covers the UK videos, (I'm not sure about the US)

So, saying "In Treachery, Faith and the Great River we find that a disease is spreading through the Great Link" is a spoiler, altohugh not a huge one since the tap eis now out in the UK.
Saying on the other hand "In the Dogs of War Nog mentions that an early war with the Romulans went badly, with the Romulans conquering the planet Squigglebump" ISN't a spoiler, because it doesn't ruin any current plot threads.

By this definition, revealing (albiet indirectly) that the Defiant has presmably been destroyed is a whopper of a spoiler, especially after saying that there were no real spoilers.

FS could have just posted

When Sisko gets the PADD from Admiral Ross Early in the epsisode, it has the new Starfleet Command logo on it. First of all, why does it say Starfleet Command, and second, is this the first time that this has happened?

There. Same information required for the thread discussion, and no spoiler info.

------------------
'There's no meat in beer, right?'
-Joey Tribiani

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1st One: I'm sorry! It was 11 PM. Give a teenager a break. At least no one saw it.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never saw the unedited post.

------------------
"Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Optimus Prime."

Rule #1 : Always try to help a friend redeem himself from a past mistake.

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't even come in here!!

------------------
THE DOOMSDAY MACHINE

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps