Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Well, I suppose that's that. (No spoilers.)

Author Topic: Well, I suppose that's that. (No spoilers.)
Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
It's interesting. I was watching that episode, and enjoying it tremedously, when I suddenly thought back to when DS9 first showed in Toronto. I was a die-hard Trek fan, but since there was no Internet, I hadn't heard of anything definate. My friend had told me that there was going to be a Star Trek on a space station, and I hated the idea.

I watched Emissary, however, and liked it. It wasn't like I thought it would be like. What finally brought me aboard, though, was The Jem'Hadar. That was the turning point.

I waited anxiously for the next season to begin. Was thrilled at my first look of the Defiant (For a second I thought it was a Jemmie fighter!) I cheered aloud when the Federation destroyed its first Dominion ship.

Later, I remeber waiting with dread as Jem'Hadar starships poured into the Alpha Quadrant. I hated Dukat right then. I remember A Call to Arms, and how the next day at school, even my best friend, who's even a Trekkie, got sick of hearing about the "Two Galaxys and at least three Defiants!" I remember spending hours trying to bring my other friends up to speed on the Dominion. I never could.

Then there was Season Six. I sweated through Time to Stand, and cheered aloud when the Klingons let the Jem'Hadar have it in Sacrifice of Angels. And when Sisko stepped back onto the station, I felt like I had come back, too.

I suffered with Sisko in In the Pale Moonlight. Mourned the death of Dax. And now this.

I loved this episode. I can't say anymore. It's over, there probably won't be any movies. All that's left is in my mind and my imagination.

I can't believe a TV show could affect me like this. I am not a sensitive person. But this, this has hit me hard. I'm not sad, but nor am I happy. Frankly, I don't know how I feel.

Yet.

So, here's to Deep Space Nine. Through thick and thin, entertaining and Ferengi based, I watched it and enjoyed it. With luck, perhaps we'll see more of the crew and the station itself.

But if not, what a way to go out.

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

IP: Logged
The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Clink)I don't get the finale till Saturday, but let the party begin >

------------------
THE DOOMSDAY MACHINE

Brigman
Ex-Member

Jaresh,

Thank you for saying the words that I couldn't find to describe EXACTLY how I am feeling. Although I loved DS9 from the beginning, I feel almost numb... not happy nor sad... at it's ending. It's almost unreal.

I loved that show. For me, it will always BE the best Star Trek.

------------------
Peace!
Brigs

Brigman
Ex-Member

Okay, now the shock has worn off, and I'm really, really sad.

DS9 was more than just a Trek show. The people in it were REAL. That's why it blew TNG away, and made Voyager look weak.

I will miss them...

*Leaves before he gets incredibly maudlin*

------------------
Peace!
Brigs

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps