Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Speculation (MASSIVE SPOILERS) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Speculation (MASSIVE SPOILERS)
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we don't know what was stipulated in the Treaty that the Female Founder signed. But I am willing to take a guess on its contents.

The Founders:

• The Dominion will begin a full withdrawal of all troops from all occupied territories in the Cardassian Union. The Dominion will also remove any remaining troops left behind in occupied Federation and Klingon Colonies. (this includes Betazed)
  • As representative to the Dominion, the Female founder is officially charged with war crimes against the Federation. She will be required to submit herself to judgement of the Federation Alliance.
  • The Dominion will begin dissassembling all weapons platforms and shipyards located within the Alpha Quadrant.
  • The Dominion will exercise their option to remain within Breen Territory or go back to the Gamma Quadrant. No Dominion ships will be allowed to go from the Gamma Quadrant to Breen Territory.

The Federation Alliance, after the Dominion conditions are met:

• The Federation Alliance agrees to relinquish all Cardassian worlds taken during the conflict (including Cabral and Chin'toka).
  • The Federation will agree to send the Cure for the Changeling Disease to the Founder's homeworld.
  • The Federation will agree to crack down on all rogue operations, including Section 31. The Federation agrees to charge all involved with the Changeling Disease with attempted Genocide. A Dominion representative will be allowed to view these proceedings.
  • The Federation will agree to no more incursions into Dominion Territory unless it is approved by representatives of the Dominion.
  • All Federation Alliance parties will assist Cardassia in rebuilding it's homeworld.
  • The Federation will agree to place the Female founder in Vulcan custody charged with War Crimes. The Trial will proceed under Vulcan Law, and a Dominion Representative will be allowed to view these proceedings and assist the Founder with any special needs.

As for the Wormhole, it is now Neutral Territory. Listening Posts, both Federation and Dominion will be placed on the Dominion side of the wormhole. Station Deep Space Nine will agree to stop all traffic from entering Deep Space Nine, and has the option of using force. Any unauthorized incursions into the Wormhole will be taken as an act of war.

Comments?

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...and how exactly do they plan to stop Section 31? They're just too good. I say again that the Federation needs them because like them or not, they are the ones who brought the war to an end with the genocide that they committed. I don't agree with genocide, hell, I hate people who commit it, but as far as the Federation leadership goes, I doubt they'll do anything for the reason I've mentioned above.

------------------
The public has spoken. Common sense has prevailed. We have been returned what was wrongly taken away from us. All hail COCO POPS!!

Deep6
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, cracking down on Section 31 might be rather difficult. As for the Dominion remaining in Breen space...this would be extremely stupid. Give them 5 years and they'll have rebuilt their forces and return stronger than ever. After 2 years and billions of casualties, I am of the belief that the Federation would demand the withdrawl of ALL Dominion troops from the Alpha quadrant. Then there's the whole question of how to deal with the Breen Confederacy. I doubt that they would allow them to simply return to their space and rearm.

------------------
"Well yeah ok thats just about the most awful thing I've ever seen"

IP: Logged
bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also think the shipyards would just be converted. The allies could use them to excelorate the rebuilding of their own fleets.

------------------
"Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Optimus Prime."

Rule #1 : Always try to help a friend redeem himself from a past mistake.

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They could go after S31 if they wanted, I think. All you need do is prioritise it and set up something like an anti-terrorist squad, (as in some ways it is a rather paramilitary little group). S31's numbers may not even be that big, they'd only have as many as they felt they needed to operate - a minimum number to lessen chances of exposure.

I think once the S31 story broke it'd be a scandal in the UFP. (And I doubt they could avoid that, since the trial of the changeling would doubtless bring it up). The President, assuming he wanted another term, may even have to start accepting resignations whilst officially condemning the organisation and seeking the arrest of all the conspirators. (After all, they do seem to subvert his supreme authority)

I'm in the dark as to the specifics, not having seen the ep, but if possible, I'm sure the feds would want to still have access to the Gamma Quad.
(if only to watch the Dommies like hawks.)

------------------
"She turned me into a NEWT!..........
.....Well, I got better..."

- Monty Python & The Holy Grail

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Theoretical possibilities:

Section 31 could be used to form the basis for another "Conspiracy" type movie, thereby giving reference to the "house-cleaning" Picard needs to do. The crackdown on Section 31 could have the negative affect by causing more numbers of like-minded or sympathetic oficers to "defect" to Sec.31's cause. This could lead to the "civil War" that a lot of folks seem to want to see. "Star Trek: The Blue and the Grey"

or

Section 1 could be crushed completely. Being in the midst of a crackdown could make it hard to gather new recruits.
"Hi, I'm from Section 31, and I'm here to recruit you."
"Oh, okay." *ZAP* "Captain, got another one! Pretending I was the 'difficult' crew member seems to be working!"

or

They could go into deeper hiding and not much would change.

------------------
"... Then you'll see me do some MAJOR dancing on your face!" -- Cosby

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Section 1? That's from La Femme Nikita. Section 1 and Section 31...both the same things in two different series. Star Trek could of done a better job of picking a name.

And how could they 'crack down on Section 31'? They have no central base of operations, maybe just a small handful of people to begin with. Aside from possible shuttles or runabouts, Section 31 might not even have ships of their own; just board themselves onto any Federation ship that's going their way. And since the Federation doesn't know anything really on Section 31 such as a list of operatives, there's nothing they can do.

Furthermore, why would the Federation let them stay in the Alpha or Beta Quadrants? So they can fortify themselves in Breen space and rebuild their forces? And setup of listening post in the Gamma Quadrant by the Dominion? You got to remember there's a full force of Dominion power in the Gamma Quadrant that hasn't been beaten down by war. Of course if they choose to invade they wouldn't stand a chance against the combined forces of the Federation, Klingons, Romulans, and hell....the Cardassians would also join the battle.

Hobbes

Federation Starship Datalink

------------------

[This message was edited by Hobbes on June 02, 1999.]

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since we win the war I would think the Dominion would be treated much like Japan in World War II.

------------------
"Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Optimus Prime."

Rule #1 : Always try to help a friend redeem himself from a past mistake.

Voyager
Ex-Member

It's pretty good! I think they would go a little harder on them, specifically the Breen Confederacy for destroying 311 Alliance vessels.

------------------
Well, no one is perfect so don't try to be perfect, just be yourself!

[This message was edited by Voyager on June 02, 1999.]

Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what's in the Japanese Treaty, so what I've done is basically an idea. I do believe that there was some form of occupation of Japan after WWII. No such occupation will be done here because it might precipitate into another full scale war. Remember that the Dominion and Breen Alliance still sport quite a large number of ships, because I do not believe that the Federation alliance could have made enough inroads as to force the Dominion to shrink their lines all over Cardassia.

------------------
Except Temptation

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes:
Terrorists don't have central bases of operations either, but organise into cells with semi-military "rank" structures to assign responsibilities. The Feds could start by questioning suspects, infiltration to discover the names, forensic examination of clues, "grasses", etc.

And the idea of a Federation Civil War may entice the mind and set imaginations going, but it's the very definition for the term "Not Star Trek".
This isn't B5. Picard isn't going to blaze a trail to Earth and sort out the evil masterminds who have corrupted everything, shoot his own ships "ta hell" and then make himself Absolute Ruler o the Known Universe.

------------------
"She turned me into a NEWT!..........
.....Well, I got better..."

- Monty Python & The Holy Grail

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course not. That's MY job.

------------------
"... Then you'll see me do some MAJOR dancing on your face!" -- Cosby

Golden Phoenix
Ex-Member

You know, there's a risk in cracking down on Section 31. This could turn out to be a witch hunt like the ones we've seen in the past in STNG. And it could turn out to be real ugly ... Especially if this a small cells working organisation. I don't mean to let them go but to build-up a monitoring force that could wait, monitor and react very rapidly to catch any Section 31 member who shows himself...

Just a tought...

Simon
Ex-Member

I'm sure at some time in the past there was a crack down on Section 31, but after a few years it probably came back with a new name, and improved defenses.

I wonder what happens to Benzar and the other Federation worlds liberated by the Romulans. The Romies might also demand some Cardassian territory for doing so much to aid the Alliance.

Saltah'na
Member # 33

I can't really say about the worlds liberated by the Roms, hopefully, they WILL give them back to the Feds. After all, their inhabitants are probably Federation Citizens wanting to stay allied with their Federation Pals.

As for Cardassian Territory, perhaps. Any territory that the Dominion may have taken which did not have any prior jurisdiction may be up for grabs too.

------------------
Except Temptation

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps