Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Well.....that's it... (future $$$$ 4 WYLB)

Author Topic: Well.....that's it... (future $$$$ 4 WYLB)
Chris Howell
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Thoughts anyone?
IP: Logged
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would have been perfect if:

a) I didn't notice the wrong registry number.
b) Vic Fontaine wasn't in it.
c) We would have seen more less important characters.

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan
www.gamingsector.com

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) I was hoping that the Dominion War and the Prophets/Pagh Wraiths conflict would be more closely related, that is, while Sisko fights Dukat, the Fed Alliance fights the Dominion.

2) Too many loose threads around. Nothing was specified in the treaty that the Female Founder signed, we don't know if the Dominion remained in the Alpha quadrant, we don't know about Ben and Kassidy's baby, etc. etc.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought that Vic was well used in the finale and that the end made up for all the othertimes he was on the show!

------------------
"Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Optimus Prime."

Rule #1 : Always try to help a friend redeem himself from a past mistake.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frankly, I didn't mind the special effects people using stock footage except that they should have changed the registry on the Defiant from NX to NCC; that really annoyed me! I would have liked to know what was in the treaty also, and if the Breen were to punished along with the Cardassians. And what ship did Vice-Admiral Ross use during the attack? It certainly wasn't the Intrepid Class USS Bellerophon since the monitors behind him did not show an Intrepid Class cutaway. What will happen with Kassidy and the land Sisko bought? Will she keep it or make a house there while Ben is "away?"

But other than that, the last show was good and it made me sad in the end.

------------------
"Am I your fire
Your one desire
Yes I know it's too late
But I want it that way."

- Backstreet Boys

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael_T, your signature gives me the creeps.

Anyway, I do have one complaint, aside from the whole thing being rushed. Dukat. I mean, that was it? That was what we've been waiting for since "Waltz"? It just doesn't add up. I get the feeling the writers purposefully left us hanging like this...though that doesn't necessarily mean that they have more planned for DS9, they just want us to wish there was more.

*sigh*

------------------
"Gone savage for teenagers with automatic weapons and boundless love."
--
Soul Coughing

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to see Star Wars for the third time Saturday, tape in place from the finale. Got home to find out that the episode had been delayed 20-25 minutes, by a baseball game. Ironic, ain't it? A friend at work has the whole thing, So I'll get the rest, but I couldn't have missed much.

Unless there is something big in the last 20 minutes, well, It was anticlimactic.

------------------
ALL GOOD THINGS

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh* Haven't you learned by now? When there's anything related to sport on before, ALWAYS add a half-hour to the end - heck, an hour is better.

------------------
"I also received an interesting, if some-what perplexing, note from a 13-year-old lad who asked if I "had a clue." I fear I cannot adequately answer, as I am not aware of any immediate clues at hand; but that is not to say there are none present." - T. Herman Zweibel

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was my understanding that Fox had lost their baseball contract. Looks like it was only the contract with the Cincinati Reds, who used to be a regular before DS9. Should have checked the listings for this one though.

------------------
ALL GOOD THINGS

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's wrong with my signature Sol? I like the Backstreet Boys, N'sync, and 98 Degrees. Anyways, most likely they left the Dukat/Sisko conflict hanging because there could be a movie in the works for either the big screen or the small screen.

------------------
"Am I your fire
Your one desire
Yes I know it's too late
But I want it that way."

- Backstreet Boys

The Excalibur
Member # 34

I saw the rest of it on tape yesterday. Kind of a waste of air time, all the flashbacks and no Judzia. Kira was back in her old Uni, what was up with that. She should have stayed with Starfleet. I did like the F/X at the Great Link.

------------------
ALL GOOD THINGS

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Judzia-The dax symbiont joined with Ashley Judd.

------------------
"This should provide adequate sustenance for the Doctor Who marathon"
-Fat Sarcastic Comic Book Guy

[This message was edited by USS Vanguard on June 09, 1999.]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael: Exactly.

------------------
"Gone savage for teenagers with automatic weapons and boundless love."
--
Soul Coughing

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Crap, I misread the first post.
------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

[This message was edited by Federation Shipmaster on June 16, 1999.]

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps