Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Weyoun ($$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Weyoun ($$$)
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you've taken Monty's reference in the wrong direction. No one would ever want to go to a place like the one he's thinking of.

------------------
"Gone savage for teenagers with automatic weapons and boundless love."
--
Soul Coughing

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well perhaps they meant this was the last Weyoun that wasn't going to be crazy in this particular Alpha quadrant cloning facility. If you keep making copies of a copy, eventually, you'll end up with a copy with not all the pieces. Although I guess you could argue that Weyoun was already crazy.

------------------
"This should provide adequate sustenance for the Doctor Who marathon"
-Fat Sarcastic Comic Book Guy

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*nods at Vanguard* That's the exact point I bring out in a piece of fanfiction I'm writing...or at least trying to *L* Just like in some TNG eppy at one point, where they had all those genetically engineered people living in that biodome, and they wanted Wesley and some of the other Enterprise children to replenish their clones. The DNA that they had to work with had degenerated so much that it was basically unstable. Surely that would follow for the Weyoun, Keevan, etc, clones as well.

*looks at post after sending it* Woo!! *L* Senior Member And here I'd thought I wouldn't get there until August. :-)
------------------
Clones are People Two

"The Force is like duct tape: it has a dark side and a light side, and it holds the universe together"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

[This message was edited by Jedi Weyoun on June 11, 1999.]

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...actually...on seeing the show again, this time with the Closed Captioning on, the Founder says : I really wish you hadn't have done that. That was Weyoun's last clone.

maybe they had a finite number of clones made, ready to be activated or something when the cloning chamber was destroyed or whatever happened to it. *SIGHS* How am I going to make this work with my story...? Doh... *going to have to brainstorm on this a bit*

------------------
"Fear attracts the fearful"

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

*grins upon realizing her status line has been changed* hehehehe :-)

------------------

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps they make a practice of making only so many copies of a single individual, then stop, to avoid the degradation that happens to successive copies?

And (almost non-sequitor) perhaps the original (master copy) Weyoun (and other vortæ, for that matter) is kept in stasis somewhere in the Gamma quadrant, in case they want to make more high-quality copies?

Just conjecture...?

------------------
American Society of Newspaper Editors motto:
"Proudly Maintaining the (Continued on Page A-4)".
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

hehe. perhaps so. I'll think of SOMETHING when i have to face that end of my story again. i've rather been...putting it off. *L* shame on me.

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps