Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Minstrel Boy? (Mild to Moderate WYLB $, Full TNG The Wounded $$$)

Author Topic: Minstrel Boy? (Mild to Moderate WYLB $, Full TNG The Wounded $$$)
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was it just me, or was that "The Minstrel Boy" thet opened O'Brian's section of the big flashback musical score, where he picked up the figure of Colonal Travis? Nice continuity.
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do believe that I did hear the Minstrel Boy being played. You can listen to the tune here:
Minstrel Boy

The song was writen by Thomas Moore (1779-1852) and sung to the air "the Moreen" Ancient Irish Air. From the sources I can find on the net, it would appear to have been written in 1812. Which would make it fodder for the citizen soldiers in the Alamo to sing. However, it bacame much more popular during the time of the Civil War and was later re-sung (as it were) during the Spanish American War.

I could do more research on the subject, but that would have me driving to UCLA and I don't want to do that just now.

------------------
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

[This message was edited by Jay on June 10, 1999.]

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now if some one could get a copy of the flashback music in WYLB on the net...I really liked it.

Hobbes

------------------
"You're a groovy baby...baby" - Austin Powers

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*giggles at Full $-The Wounded*

Anyone in Botswana not up to TNG Season 5 yet?

------------------
"A Star Wars picture that preaches against greed is a little like Bill Clinton in the pulpit for a chastity-begins-at-home campaign."

-Rex Murphy on Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There aren't even any spoilers for The Wounded in this thread!

Though Omega gets points for caution.

------------------
"Gone savage for teenagers with automatic weapons and boundless love."
--
Soul Coughing

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. What do I win?

On a completely unrelated topic, what controls the status line under my name? The number of posts I've made?

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right. When you get to Senior Member you can choose your own.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"Speak softly, drive a Sherman tank." - TMBG

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Once you have 50 posts, it changes to Member. After that, you have to get 250 posts before you become Senior Member. At that time, you can appeal to CC to change your status line to something different.

------------------
"Angels and Ministers of Grace, defend us"
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
250 eh? I only have 95...well 96 now. Any way it'll take me a while to reach the 250 mark.

Like I asked above, about the theme that played during the flashbacks of WYLB, does anyone have it? Or if you recorded the episode, make a midi of it? Considering there wasn't any background noise it shouldn't be a problem and come out well. Maybe there's a site that might have it? Anyone know?

Hobbes

------------------
Evil moonbase: $50,000,000.00 Giant laser: $100,000,000.00 Perfect 1/8 size clone: Priceless.
For everything else there's...Austin Powers.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps