Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » ($$$$) My kingdom for a Morn! ($$$$)

Author Topic: ($$$$) My kingdom for a Morn! ($$$$)
Hawkman
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Overall the last ep was excellent, although not among the very best of the series (Like Call To Arms).

The only serious disappointment was not hearing Morn speak! It was extremely cruel of the writers to tease us at the end ....... Quark kept proding Morn to finish his sentences and he never did....

Arghhhhhhh!

IP: Logged
Hawkman
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, another disappointment.....

this "turf war" between "DS9 property", "VOY property", and "Feature Film property" is nonsense...... don't Berman et al realize that one of the greatest attractions of ST is the consistent and logical (usually) "universe" shared by all of the shows?

It makes no sense whatsoever that in the final desparate battle to save the Federation and the Alpha Quadrant, there would be no:

- Sovereign Classes (especially Ent-E).
- Prometheus Classes (especially after seeing
it wipe some Romulan and Nebula-class butts
a year or so ago.

IP: Logged
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know what you mean Hawkman, the last battle would have been more interesting if those ships were there plus if they made new scenes instead of reusing stock footage. Imagine seeing the Prometheus blow up one of the Breen ships in half, the Enterprise-E or the USS Soverign turn on a dime while chasing Jem H'addar battle cruisers, and an Ambassador Class starship having its nacelles and saucer blown off. But oh well...

------------------
"But I want it that way"

-Backstreet Boys

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to play devil's advocate for a second...

There is probably only one Prometheus class ship. And while that ship proved itself in combat, there are still some rather glaring flaws to take care of. (Like security.)

There isn't an Ambassador CGI model to stick in any of the scenes. While I agree there should be, I'm not the one paying for it.

I do tend to agree about the Sovereign class, though I think having the Enterprise show up would have been too tacky. This is DS9's finale, after all.

Still, we only see a small portion of the battle. Do as I do, and imagine Sovereigns and Ambassadors running around all over the place, just offscreen.

------------------
"Gone savage for teenagers with automatic weapons and boundless love."
--
Soul Coughing

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just put on some soothing music, close the curtains, lie back on the bed with a drink.
Close you eyes, and dream of the "Out-of-camera" action.

Ohhhhhh....

Excuse me a moment.
*Gets to toilet just in time*

------------------
If no-one will play with me, then I'm going home,and I'm bringing the inflatible with me.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps