Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Best DS9 episode? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Best DS9 episode?
nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After 7 years of Deep Space Nine I was wondering what was everyones favourite episode?

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Davok
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Davok     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not an easy question. What about "In the Pale Moonlight"?

------------------
USS Allegiance LCARS Database

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a difficult question to answer but one of them has to be in a pale moonlight and the other is beyond the stars.

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There were several good ones on the War Arc. "In the Pale Moonlight" was good as were "Rocks and Shoals", "Sacrifice of Angels", and "Children of Time". Pre War Arc goodies included "Nor the Battle to the Strong" and "The Visitor".

"Far Beyond the Stars" was one of my least favorite episodes.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"The Visitor" and "In the Cards". Jake may only have gotten three eps to himself, but they were some of the best.

I thought "The Sound of Her Voice" was a pretty good one, too.

------------------
Pilot: You're sure they were Americans, eh?
Fraser: They were all wearing new boots, they were driving a Jeep Wrangler, and they carried big guns.
Pilot: Americans it is.
- "due South"

Davok
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Davok     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I personally didn't like "In the Cards" that much. It was fun, but more that soap opera kind of episode.

------------------
USS Allegiance LCARS Database

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Duet"

'nuff said

------------------
Jeff's Webcam
Gore/Lieberman 2000
"You are SUCH a penis!" - Melissa Chambers

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I completely agree. Though I'd probably be willing to agree with most of the other suggestions too, if someone had me locked inside an iron maiden or in Donny Osmond's dressing room or something.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Necessary Evil
Improbable Cause

Odo eps are sometimes the best.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
having just read the title of this thread...

"The Visitor"

simple.

Best Trek episode... EVER.

------------------
"I threw bitter tears at the ocean
But all that came back was the tide..." 'I Will Not Forget You' Sarah McLachlan

Soontir_Fel
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I would say that 'Our Man Bashir' was an amusing one. Sisko as a bad guy for once was nice. The tie-in with the 007 movies and 'Our Man Flint' was a good touch too. Bashir and Garak were good at playing secret agents.

'Way of the Warrior' and 'The Search Pt.1' were good episodes too. The Defiant's entrance into the series executed perfectly, decloaking right ontop of DS9. DS9's first seige battle was good in showing what the Dominion would go up against if they tried invading.

------------------
"I now stand ready to offer you my life, my skills, and my knowledge. I ask you only one thing in return. My wife will have fled by now. Help me find her, save her, and the finest weapon the Empire ever created will be yours to command."
- Colonel Baron Soontir Fel, 'The Making of Baron Fel'

IP: Logged
nx001a
Member # 291

One of my favorite "comedy" episodes has to be the one when quark has to rescue moogie from the Dominion.

------------------

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I'll play.

My favourites out of the episodes that have already been mentioned are-
"Way of the Warrior", "Rocks and Shoals", "Far Beyond the Stars", and "In the Pale Moonlight".

A couple of other brilliant episodes worth mentioning are-
"The Die is Cast", and "Tacking Into the Wind".

Of course, there are many more outstanding episodes - I really miss DS9.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best Drama: "The Visitor"
Best Comedy: "Family Business"
Best Costume Piece: a tie between "Far Beyond the Stars", "Trials And Tribble-ations", "Our Man Bashir" and "Badda Bing; Badda Bang"
Best Action: "Seige of AR-548"
Best Effects (CGI era) "Sacrifice of Angels"
Best Effects (Pre CGI) "The Way of the Warrior"
Best Soundtrack "Equilibrium"
Best Bajoran Episode: "In The Hands of the Prophets"
Best 3 Season 1 episodes: "Duet" and "Emissary" and "In the Hands of the Prophets"
Best 3 Season 2 episodes: "Whispers" and "The Wire" and "The Jem'Hadar"
Best 3 Season 3 episodes: "Heart Of Stone" and "Facets" and "Improbable Cause"/"The Die Is Cast"
Best 3 Season 4 episodes: "The Visitor" and "Trials and Tribble-ations" and "The Quickening"
Best 3 Season 5 episodes: "In The Cards" and "Business as Usual" and "Rapture"
Best 3 Season 6 episodes: "The Sacrifice of Angels" "Far Beyond the Stars" and "In The Pale Moonlight"
Best Season 7 episodes: "When it Rains..." and "Once More Unto the Breach" "Seige of AR-548"

------------------
"I threw bitter tears at the ocean
But all that came back was the tide..." 'I Will Not Forget You' Sarah McLachlan

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited October 26, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. I would have Duet as a tie with Visitor for best drama ... the only two eps which made me' tear =)

------------------
Friends Don't Let Friends Vote Republican
Gore/Lieberman 2000 - a step forward into the new millennia

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps