Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek: The Magazine to end publication (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Star Trek: The Magazine to end publication
newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At first I didn't see the notice. Then I scrolled down. Behold, I saw the notice. [Big Grin]
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If all you did was scroll down, then it must be on the front page.

"Welcome to STAR TREK: The Magazine!

"December Issue - on sale October 29th 2002

"December's issue is a Star Trek III: The Search for Spock special and features 2 collectors covers!

"There's never been a publication like STAR TREK: The Magazine, the most complete resource of its kind.... ever! Richly illustrated in full color throughout, page after dazzling page is packed with the information you need. Whether it's the shows, the movies, the latest news, readers' forum, guest stars or the latest merchandise.... you'll find them all in STAR TREK: The Magazine

"This new, officially authorized, magazine will bring you the very best new, up-to-date, in-depth news and information on STAR TREK every month, complete with unique new pictures. Every 112 page issue brings you spectacular gatefolds with detailed technical drawings and full color artwork, plus full analysis of the characters, races, starships, as well as 24th-century technology.

"We'll be covering every aspect of all four series and all the movies, from Kirk's first mission to the latest episodes of STAR TREK: VOYAGER and STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE, and we'll be talking directly to the stars, producers, directors, writers, production designers, artists, makeup and costume designers, special effects supervisors and everyone in the world of STAR TREK - past and present.

"But this is much more than a magazine. In every issue we will bring you special new briefings containing unique, detailed and beautifully illustrated technical information on the ships, weapons and technology of STAR TREK, and probing studies of its characters, organizations, races, planets and space phenomena.

"And we'll be bringing you great new features on all aspects of STAR TREK as well as taking a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the series and movies.

"A Great Subscription Offer

"Become a charter subscriber now and you'll receive the exclusive STAR TREK: The Magazine T-shirt worth $19.95 FREE! You can't get this great T-shirt anywhere else, you can't get it in retail stores, it's exclusive to charter subscribers! You'll also get the next issue FREE and you'll save a huge 20% on newsstand prices.

"It's too good to miss! Subscribe Now!"

Feel free to point out where I'm missing it...

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Welcome to STAR TREK: The Magazine!
December Issue - on sale October 29th 2002

December's issue is a Star Trek III: The Search for Spock special and features 2 collectors covers!

There's never been a publication like STAR TREK: The Magazine, the most complete resource of its kind.... ever! Richly illustrated in full color throughout, page after dazzling page is packed with the information you need. Whether it's the shows, the movies, the latest news, readers' forum, guest stars or the latest merchandise.... you'll find them all in STAR TREK: The Magazine

This new, officially authorized, magazine will bring you the very best new, up-to-date, in-depth news and information on STAR TREK every month, complete with unique new pictures. Every 112 page issue brings you spectacular gatefolds with detailed technical drawings and full color artwork, plus full analysis of the characters, races, starships, as well as 24th-century technology.

We'll be covering every aspect of all four series and all the movies, from Kirk's first mission to the latest episodes of STAR TREK: VOYAGER and STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE, and we'll be talking directly to the stars, producers, directors, writers, production designers, artists, makeup and costume designers, special effects supervisors and everyone in the world of STAR TREK - past and present.

But this is much more than a magazine. In every issue we will bring you special new briefings containing unique, detailed and beautifully illustrated technical information on the ships, weapons and technology of STAR TREK, and probing studies of its characters, organizations, races, planets and space phenomena.

And we'll be bringing you great new features on all aspects of STAR TREK as well as taking a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the series and movies.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The April 2003 issue of Star Trek the Magazine will be the last. You will still be able to purchase back issues after this date but there will be no more new issues.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Twilight Zone!

Before this thread I'm not sure I had read a single kind word directed towards the magazine. Seems a little late to show such concern.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike: Not on my screen.
The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scroll down, TSN...

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Kosh: "Good."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You omitted the last sentence where Paramount says
"Fuck you fans: all we care about is money."

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How dare they not be charity service.

quote:
Originally posted by newark:

However, I would like to modify one of his reasons to fan disinterest in the franchise as a consequence of uninteresting and uninvolving stories leading to a general disinterest in the franchise and any product tied to this being adversely affected.

"I could never forgive them for the death of my boy, him being my offspring who was killed, murdered, destroyed by the aformentioned people of whom I am speaking about right now in this sentence which I am communicating in a succinct, clear and concise manner. Curses!"

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
You omitted the last sentence where Paramount says
"Fuck you fans: all we care about is money."

That's all the have ever cared about. In fact, that's the only reason corporations exist.

Magaziens are expensive propositions, especially nationally distributed ones. It's ad revenue that makes it possible to sell many magazines as cheaply as they do. Specialized publications that have little or no advertising are tough to make a profit on. Fact is, I was surprised they managed to make a go of that magazine for long as they did...especially considering how narrow the subject matter is. I mean, the average watcher isn't interested in the stuff like tech briefings. So you risk alienating casual viewers if you cater to the techies. And even if you cater to the more causal fan, how many interviews with Michael Dorn does anyone really want to read. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Adam: That doesn't do it, either.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know what to tell ya, TSN, but I can see it fine too. Your browser must have evil spirits...

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a Mozilla thing... [Wink]

No, not really. The only reason I can think of is that you have been to that page before the notice was added and that the page was therefor in the cache folder.

TSN, have you tried to reload the page?? (Ok, that's a stupid question, but it's the only solution I can think of at the moment...)

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Well, I had reloaded back when this thread started, and it didn't work. However, it did work now. I also know that I hadn't been to that page (ever, as far as I know, much less recently) before this thread. So, all I can think of is that the page I was seeing was temporarily there when I loaded the page a few days ago, and that's the one that got stuck in my cache.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thrills!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps