Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek: The Magazine to end publication (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Star Trek: The Magazine to end publication
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chills! Spills!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you get over excited there, Timmy?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I need to change my pants now...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
I like the ST:TM always a good source for my site. I love the starship concept art sections. Sadly I haven't been able to keep up to date with issues anyway.

You use it as canon for your site?!
It's chock full o' lots of pretty pictures and tons of really inaccurate informaton, like for example, this month's issue includes the least accurate ship scale comparison chart I've ever seen.

According to their chart the Niagra, Freedom and Constalation are all much smaller than a Miranda class starship and the Sabre (with it's crew of 40) is much larger than an Intrepid. [Roll Eyes]

...on the other hand, the Rich Sternbach(sp?) article on the Constalation just a few pager later in the same issue gives accurate dimensions and even a great cut-away!

I always enjoy the pics of starships and schematics of alien ships (great reference once verified!), but many times the features on the ships are mis-labeled.

I'll miss the magazine a lot, but quality control could have been much better and re-hashing technical info on the galaxy class is getting really old.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
...and the Sabre (with it's crew of 40) is much larger than an Intrepid. [Roll Eyes]

Isn't it? [Razz]
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. That was just me foaming at the mouth.
They really should have used Brend's(sp?) chart from Exastris.
It lists more ships too!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Constellation.

Bernd.

Ex Astris.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rick Sternbach

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

According to their chart the Niagra, Freedom and Constalation are all much smaller than a Miranda class starship and the Sabre (with it's crew of 40) is much larger than an Intrepid. [Roll Eyes]

-

"The Defiant Sabre is this long!!!"

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

LOL!
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BOLD!

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Now if we could just put bubbles into a Starfleet uniform... [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Couldn't we just get Worf to fart?

(Ha! I with the funny!)

--------------------

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Give me a uniform type/colour and rank.

Troi's grey outfit. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I used the concept art stuff on my site.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.