Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Borg history (Page 6)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Borg history
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
But DS9 often made lemonaide from TNG's lemons. Lwaxanna was even cool on DS9 and that's really saying a LOT.
Agreed about TNG. None of the episodes with Lwaxana waould have been worth the money without her.

But you don't like DS9 either? Or only the first two seasons?

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"A Fistfull Of Datas" was pleasant, low-maintanence fun I thought. The Royale was awful, although it fails the "bad holodeck story" criteria by, er, not involving the holodeck.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernd:
quote:
But DS9 often made lemonaide from TNG's lemons. Lwaxanna was even cool on DS9 and that's really saying a LOT.
Agreed about TNG. None of the episodes with Lwaxana waould have been worth the money without her.

But you don't like DS9 either? Or only the first two seasons?

Uh. You misunderstand! I LOVE DS9! I even really like their first season.
I was pointing out "DS9 often made lemonaide from TNG's lemons."- that's a american euphemism meaning taking something distasteful or bad and making something cool.

I dig DS9 (all of it), about 70% of TNG, 40% of Voyager, probably 50% of TOS and 80% Enterprise.
I'll take some heat for not being a big TOS fan but while I aknowledge it was groundbreaking for it's time, it's just not for me.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you'll take a lot more flak for liking "Meridian", myself.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Triton
Member # 1043

- posted      Profile for Triton         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BUMP!

Still not convinced that the Borg are related to V'ger. I understand that this was a plot point in one of the William Shatner and Reeves-Stevens
Star Trek novels. Did I overhear wrong in a thread at SCN?

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i found the way it was presented reasonable..

the story from that Shatner novel is that the Borg didn't assimilate the Voyager 6, since it wasn't organic.. they just enhanced it and sent it on its way.. the probe carried the communications protocol of the Borg unimind hive, but was not part of it or in communication with it.. therefore, the Borg never knew what happened to V'Ger and the Decker-Ilia event is completely unknown and unrelated to any stage of the Borg's evolution.

So basically, V'Ger was not Borg.. but the machine planet it found was Borg..

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus! You're serious about Shatner being allowed to write anything!?!
Worse still, it's published and PEOPLE BUY IT!?!
Next thing you know, Kid Rock will win the Pulitzer. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Jesus! You're serious about Shatner being allowed to write anything!?!
Worse still, it's published and PEOPLE BUY IT!?!
Next thing you know, Kid Rock will win the Pulitzer. [Roll Eyes]

Shatner doesn't write squat. His name is just a franchise. All his books are ghost written.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well he needs better ghosts, that's for certain!
Thank god that Pocket books does'nt consider his stories part of their mainstream continuity.
Bad enough John Vornholt is still allowed to write multi-part crossover crap (like Genesis Wave) wherein Picard saves the entire Federation/Galaxy/Universe on a yearly basis so predictable that Jean-Juc should be sporting tights and a cape by now and hailing from Krypton. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MrNeutron:
Shatner doesn't write squat. His name is just a franchise. All his books are ghost written.

Funny, I heard that because of the size of his ego, hiring a ghost writer would be unthinkable to him.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he cowrites.. he basically described the writing process where he goes to Gar and Judy's house, they sit down and plot out the books ending, Shat tells them what he wants Kirk's focus/theme to be, an then they write it..

he originally claimed to be the sole writer, but contradicted himself when he admitted he had never watched TNG, DS9 or VGR yet was writing detailed stories mixing characters from each.

oh, and i like them.. maybe im mellowing in my old age, but i think that i cant really get mad about Star Trek anymore.. its a source of enjoyment, not stress... if Shat wants to write over-the top ridiculous ego gratifiers, i dont really get upset.. besides, as with any book, reading it and decoding that it is cheesy is half the fun..

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Phhht.
I'll bet he's writing Kirk to be either Q or Jesus next.
Mabye both: he'll be called Quesus.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Phhht.
I'll bet he's writing Kirk to be either Q or Jesus next.
Mabye both: he'll be called Quesus.

ROFL, give that man a copyright!!

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

capped
Member # 709

jeez Jason, you feel rather strongly about this..

your anger will be your undoing

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Or a loose nail.

--------------------

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps