Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Borg history (Page 9)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Borg history
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss Lore.
I SO wanted B4 to be a backup copy Lore made of himself.
Think about it: Lore would have been using Shinzon to kill off all those pesky humans and Data would have had his own "Nemesis".
Data coud have died defeating Lore and the movie wold have been great.....(sigh)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen Nemesis yet. Some say good some say bad. Don't get out much and when I do its business first. No time for movies. Just wait for the DVD. It out yet?
IP: Logged
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep.

--Jonah

P.S. Not that this is a commentary on the film's quality or anything -- well... okay it is -- but I did a three-minute rewrite that my friends said was vastly superior to what made it to the screen. You have been warned... [Wink]

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The writers of Star Trek are trembling in their boots.
No, really.

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

If it sucks that bad I'll wait till it gets to cable. Then only if theres nothing else on.
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
The writers of Star Trek are trembling in their boots.
No, really.

If you can revise a 120 page screenplay in thre minutes you're the world's fastest typist. Or are you saying in 3 minutes you came up with some changes? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm saying that in three minutes I had seen and effected enough changes that it was already a different and better story, and that was before I even started putting any real effort into it.

And Mucus, I was warning that Nemesis was a really bad story, not that I'm coming for the writers' jobs. [Razz]

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Has any one here read the play R.U.R.(Rossum's Universal Robots) by Karel Capek? It came out in 1921. My copy is copywrite dated 1931. I believe Leonard Nimoy was in a stage production before Star Trek came along. The costumes used in that production resemble Spocks uniform in the pilot. Do you think the characters of Lore and Data are influenced by that play?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're asking if there is any connection between what's essentially the genesis of the robot and a couple of modern day robots? Sure, in the same sense that anyone writing in English is dealing with Shakespeare or the King James Bible.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's VERY unlikely the writers of first season TNG read your source material but prahaps some of their inspirations were taken from writers that had.

You don't have to had actually seen Metroplis to get the refernce in Family Guy.
But it helps. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

The rogue Robot 'Radius',in R.U.R. is a very interesting fellow very much like Lore. If you haven't read R.U.R. in its original form you are really missing something. The still photos from one of the stage productions show the robots raising hell very much like Lore's Borg. The poses are strikingly similar. And the costumes of the robot workers bear a strong resemblance to the uniforms in the pilot episode. This link should be useful to all that are interested in robots and androids http://www.androidworld.com/
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Man:
Has any one here read the play R.U.R.(Rossum's Universal Robots) by Karel Capek? It came out in 1921. My copy is copywrite dated 1931. I believe Leonard Nimoy was in a stage production before Star Trek came along. The costumes used in that production resemble Spocks uniform in the pilot. Do you think the characters of Lore and Data are influenced by that play?

Costumes in which staging of the play?

Perhaps this?
 -

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Not the same picture I remember but it could be the same production. I think the one I saw stills of may have been done about about the time Nimoy was in'Radar Men From The Moon' The Robots in the Background have the same kind of tunics. Don't you think they resemble the Crews jackets from the pilot?
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps