Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Whatever became of Peter Kirk? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Whatever became of Peter Kirk?
Triton
Member # 1043

- posted      Profile for Triton         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if anyone had heard what ever happened to Kirk's nephew, Peter, from "Operation: Annihilate!"

Remember he was the son of Aurelan and George Samuel "Sam" Kirk, he survived the Denevan neural parasite, and then was transported to Starbase 10.

Did this character ever appear in a Pocket Books novel? We have the further exploits of Leonard James Akaar, Joanna McCoy, Demora Sulu, and the grandson of Lieutenant Stiles from "Balance of Terror", but I haven't seen any mention at all of Peter Kirk.

Does anyone have any information to share?

Middy Seafort
Member # 951

- posted      Profile for Middy Seafort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peter Kirk appeared in several times in the DC comics run of Trek.

In one special, he appeared with his three brothers on a camping trip with their famous uncle. The trip was interrupted by an unexpected visit from the orions.

In that same special, Peter went back in time to try to save his father from the parasites in "Operation: Annhailate." He himself is attacked, where he becomes the pilot of the vessel (mentioned in the beginnging of the episode) heading for Deneva's sun.

He also appeared as a research scientist assigned to a Starfleet science vessel in the Trek special produced by Wildstorm.

I am not aware of any other mentions beyond that. Although, I think he appears in A.C. Crispin's novel "Sarek."

M.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, good character, diplomat, beat the Kobyashi Maru, married a Klingon.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Triton
Member # 1043

- posted      Profile for Triton         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. Thanks guys. [Smile]
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of G.S. Kirk, Jr.'s sons had a granddaughter named Jamie who was an Ensign on DS9. And the son of the Romulan commander toasted in BoT tried to kill her as revenge for the episode. Except the Organians stopped him. It was written by Mark Lenard. Yay comics!
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The tomb of Leonard James Akaar is mentioned in Geoffrey Mandel's Starcharts as being a tourist attraction on Capella.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aurelan - human?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
The tomb of Leonard James Akaar is mentioned in Geoffrey Mandel's Starcharts as being a tourist attraction on Capella.

whats the timeframe of Star Charts anywho? L.J. Akaar is still kickin as of DS9 Mission Gamma, circa 2376...
capped
Member # 709

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Aurelan - human?

its been generally assumed so, and she appeared completely human, but then again there are a lot of races that appear completely human.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember when DC Comics did their 2- or 3-part "Trial of James T. Kirk" deal in the early 90s. They brought back all the old folks, include Sam Cogley to defend Kirk (& his wiofe, Areel shaw) & there were witnesses ranged from an older Bela Oxmyx (who brought Kirk's cut of the action with him) to a very large Leonard James Akaar.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

capped
Member # 709

i've that comic on my table.. i thought about it for a while, and reconciled the story with the other LJ Akaar references.. the DS9 backstory says he was ousted in a coup and fled his world, joined Starfleet and is a Fleet Admiral by the post-DW era.. the LJ Akaar in the comic was still the ruler of his world
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike[1].mp3:
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:

whats the timeframe of Star Charts anywho? L.J. Akaar is still kickin as of DS9 Mission Gamma, circa 2376...
By the looks of it, after Voyager but before Nemesis.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or the DS9 Akaar (Jr.) is the son and fled when his dear old dad got killed, joined STarfleet and became an Admiral.
Shot in the dark, I know but it saves Mandell's not nowing about the DS9 books using the character.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not knowing, or not caring?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Likely not knowing on his part and not catching it on Pocket Book's part.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps