Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Whatever became of Peter Kirk? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Whatever became of Peter Kirk?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not catching what, a handful of conflicting comic book stories?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not catching that the DS9 books feature a very old Admiral akkar in their stories set only about eight months after the end of the Dominion War.
He's kind of a dick at first, but he has reasons and you eventually find he's got plans for Kira that involve her rank as a Starfleet officer becoming very official once Bajor joins up (and as a way to salvage her careeer from nasty politics on Bajor and keep her position as station commander.
If you've not read the new DS9 books, I really do reccomend them: very tru to the show's promise and tone.
....and any book that features an Andorian as a major character or has a running firefight on an Akira class starship is worth reading IMHO. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

darkwing_duck1
Member # 790

- posted      Profile for darkwing_duck1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little-known bit of trivia, the ending for "Operation:Annihilate" was changed. I became aware of this after seein a still from the scene (either in a book or online, I can't remember where anymore). It showed Kirk standing next to Peter, who was sitting in "the Chair", wearing a child-sized Starfleet uniform. The caption indicated that that still came from that ep.
Middy Seafort
Member # 951

- posted      Profile for Middy Seafort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by darkwing_duck1:
A little-known bit of trivia, the ending for "Operation:Annihilate" was changed. I became aware of this after seein a still from the scene (either in a book or online, I can't remember where anymore). It showed Kirk standing next to Peter, who was sitting in "the Chair", wearing a child-sized Starfleet uniform. The caption indicated that that still came from that ep.

I've seen that picture too. It's online somewhere, I used to have the site-- a behind the scenes of Trek site-- as one of my favorite links. Alas, I've gotten rid of it.

I also read a 60's television triva book that made mention of Peter Kirk's uniformed appearance and that brief discussions were made at adding him as a young midshipman to the cast in the second year to appeal to the young female audience. Apparently, this was before the advant of Pavel-- I used to be the fifth Monkee-- Chekov.

Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another good question is what happened to Kirk's other two nephews? The episode made no mention of them, and we saw no other bodies. Are they off somewhere, sharing a condo with Richie Cunningham's older brother and Hawkeye Pierce's mother and sister?

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

Middy Seafort
Member # 951

- posted      Profile for Middy Seafort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Woodside Kid:
Another good question is what happened to Kirk's other two nephews? The episode made no mention of them, and we saw no other bodies. Are they off somewhere, sharing a condo with Richie Cunningham's older brother and Hawkeye Pierce's mother and sister?

The other sons were mentioned in "What Little Girls are Made Of..." yet were not seen in "Operation: Annhailate." It has been postulated that they were off planet. One of the DC comics suggests that the oldest brother, Jason, was attending Starfleet Academy.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the latest take on Kirk's 'miscellaneous' nephews had them named Alexander and Julius, and trying to start there own colony in 2293 in "The Last Roundup" which is designed to be the 'last chapter' of post-ST6 TOS before Kirk sucks Nexus in Generations. kind of a dumb book, since its well traveled ground, "Best Destiny," "Shadows on the Sun," "The Fearful Summons," and "The Ashes of Eden" all take place in that timeframe.. the difference being that 'Best Destiny' and 'Ashes of Eden' actually were pertinent, the rest are just kind of retarded side trips..
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps