Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek fact files - Japan Edition (Part 2) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Star Trek fact files - Japan Edition (Part 2)
Masaki
Member # 1030

- posted      Profile for Masaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Trekkers.

Star Trek Fact Files Japan Edition - Issue 27 was released this week.

The Nemesis material in Issue 27 is "The Remans".

Section 1 - File 12 / The Remans_1 (262KB)
Section 1 - File 12 / The Remans_2 (293KB)

Some pictures...

Young Shinzon
Reman Crew
Viceroy 1
Viceroy 2

Enjoy! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"There are no three warp-engined or single warp-engined ships in Starfleet!".
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

djewell
Member # 1111

- posted      Profile for djewell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sucks that I can't read Japanese.

--------------------
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."

-Einstein

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No starship pics?

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are some titles in English and Japanese?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because the Japanese are crazy like puppies.

It seems to be a combination of "coolness" (like when people have chinese letters on their t-shirts), and style (like when people might use roman numerals instead of the regular ones).

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

djewell
Member # 1111

- posted      Profile for djewell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of popular media (song titles, video games and names of bands) use English. It's seen as cool

--------------------
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."

-Einstein

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah man, it's the cool, everyone is doin' it! [Cool]

[Roll Eyes]

In all seriousness, thanks for the scans!

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And don't forget about occasionally replacing c's with k's to maximalize coolness factor [Big Grin]
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welkome to Herr Ashkroft's Amerika.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For dramatikally enhanzed Koolness, I rekommend to replaze all "c" Karakters with "z" or "k", depending on the Pronunziation. Kapitalize all Nouns.

But ironically, it's exactly the other way round in German. No cool word may have a "z" or "k" in it, and it's fashionable to have everything in small letters.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surely the ultimate proof that the Germans are idiots.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Surely the ultimate proof that the Germans are idiots.

-

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the point of the two pots?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pot is calling the kettle black. When it is itself black. Funny.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Yes, but since I am not an idiot, it's not overly relevent.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps