Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » will we ever see a DS9 movie/miniseries/show again?

Author Topic: will we ever see a DS9 movie/miniseries/show again?
TorgaDaxIV
Member # 617

- posted      Profile for TorgaDaxIV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what do you guys think? i for one would be ecstatic, as ds9 is my favorite show of all time. do you think paramount has given this any thought?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have to say that probably the only continuation of DS9 that we will see will be in the form of the novels. Nemesis was enough of a flop to make the suits at Paramount reconsider another Trek movie until probably after Enterprise has finished it's run, which would probably mean that the next Trek movie will feature the Enterprise cast.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think that DS9 was ever popular enough to warrant Paramount revisiting it. NextGen had a much larger audience and is still much better known than any of the shows that followed. Most people I know who watched TNG regualrly never really got into DS9.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Topher that the novels are probably going to be the only follow-up we see on Deep Space Nine. Let's face it: The Next Generation is the king of popularity for the modern Trek series, and that booty appears to be completely plundered judging by the falling business of Insurrection and Nemesis. Paramount's rationale is probably that if the most popular one didn't do too hot, then the less popular ones aren't going to do any better. Too big a risk, in short.

Besides, my ouija board is telling me that (in addition to the Devil wanting me to change lost-distance phone carriers) the Star Trek saga may be coming to its denouement. Enterprise ain't doing so hot. There are a lot of pissed off fans. Star Trek may be headed to the old folks' home in the near future.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Basically, even as much as it has permeated pop culture, Trek is still a "cult" thing. And DS9's following is "cult", even compared to the rest of Trek. Paramount is going to want to make something that will actually earn back its production costs, and a DS9 movie isn't it.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... but just think how beautiful the Promenade would have looked on the silver screen ...

... and how many opportunities we had to see Deep Space Nine get SOME respect in the feature films beyond "Oh, hah, don't you have clocks on DS9 hahahahahaha."

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps