Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Antwerp Conference

Author Topic: Antwerp Conference
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you see, what I see?

http://home.arcor.de/spike730/antwerpen.jpg

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell me what you see, and I'll tell you if I see it.
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of characters who look almost but not quite completely unlike any *famous* characters. People in older duty uniforms in attendance. A rather distastefully hung UFP flag on the far wall. Oh, and look, it's Nelson Mandela to the left of that flag! Was that it?

Sure, the chick to the right looks slightly like the Vorta Eris. And that might be Sela with her blonde neck turned at us on the extreme foreground. I doubt the respective actors bothered to pay a visit, though.

Timo Saloniemi

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And that might be Sela with her blonde neck turned at us on the extreme foreground.
Looks like Admiral Nechayev to me.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the back on the right, looks like there's an ape from Planet of. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe that you are judging who someone mightbe based solely on the hairstyle from the back of their head.....its hair!!

I was expecting someone to be naked... [Razz]

On the other hand, I once remember seeing on the preview for "Let He Who is Without Sin" (the Worf + DAx + Bashir + Leeta go to Risa ep) that in slo-mo you could see Leeta (truely) buck naked in that one scene, but then in the actual episode it obviously appeared the same (only tastefully covered)....I still wish I had that on tape to share, just so I would feel so crazy about saying on here after so many years of thinking [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I guess the only otherwise unknown alien in the picture could, in fact, *be* the Tholian observer.

And those flags.. *Are* they the flags from TUC?

Remarkably well detailed for a scene of about 2 seconds.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
I can't believe that you are judging who someone mightbe based solely on the hairstyle from the back of their head.....its hair!!

It's not just the hair. Same hair style, same colour, female Starfleet-Admiral, and we never saw Nechayev again after "The Search". [Big Grin]

--------------------

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that the conference where the dominion bomb went off?
IP: Logged
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
And I guess the only otherwise unknown alien in the picture could, in fact, *be* the Tholian observer.

And those flags.. *Are* they the flags from TUC?

Remarkably well detailed for a scene of about 2 seconds.

Doesn't look anything like a Tholian, for a start he's humanoid. More likely that's just a Federation representative.
I'd rather think the the observer be somewhere out of frame...or hiding in one of the coffee pots (We never did find out just how big a Tholian is, it would certainly explain why their ships are so small! No I'm not serious.)

I assume those flags are from TUC, anyone have any khitomer captures to compare?

As for the detail of the set, it could be an actual conference room or a standing set for another show that they (re)dressed with some flags and a fake tabletop, just look at the chairs, they look like proper executive seats as opposed to the standard trek chairs.

I agree with Spike however, that just *might* be Nechayev (although not necessarily the same actress.)

One interesting point, there appears to be a Tal'Shiar officer over on the left, by the flags.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That woman, center right, looks like the Vorta from "The Jem'Hadar."

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see...dead people...

Oh, wait...

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Doesn't look anything like a Tholian, for a start he's humanoid."

And how is that a problem? The main problem I see is that there's to much space between his eyes and the top of his head to match what was seen in "The Tholian Web". Unless maybe the females have shorter heads.

Not that I think there's any reason to believe he's the Tholian. I'm sure they intentionally made the Tholian be off screen.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"Doesn't look anything like a Tholian, for a start he's humanoid."

And how is that a problem? The main problem I see is that there's to much space between his eyes and the top of his head to match what was seen in "The Tholian Web". Unless maybe the females have shorter heads.

Not that I think there's any reason to believe he's the Tholian. I'm sure they intentionally made the Tholian be off screen.

I thought "Future Tense" (ENT) stated once and for all that Tholians were non-humanoid...?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah, the blonde in the foreground has a starfleet uniform on, so it wouldn't be Sela. But Nechayev was my first thought too.

And that woman seated at the table does look amazingly like Eris. But why would Starfleet invite a Dominion representative to a conference like that when they already have hostile relations with them.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps