Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Starships & Technology.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Probert updated his website with TMP stuff

Author Topic: Probert updated his website with TMP stuff
kmart
Member # 1092

- posted      Profile for kmart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oops, thought I was posting this in ships/tech. Can it get moved over?

I didn't see mention of it anywhere, here so in case anybody is interested, Andy Probert is at last updating his website with a lot of new stuff on TMP (mostly placemarks, but two new sections are already up on the TMP ENT cargo deck and the vulcan shuttle.)

http://www.probertdesigns.com/Folder_DESIGN/TMP_MenuPAGE.html

There are tidbits of interest that show how Probert thought the cargo bay and engineering fit into the ship, though he does not name the 'designer' who proposed a 30 foot+ tall window in the side of the engineering hull.

--------------------
Achievement is its own reward; pride obscures it.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great stuff.
It's nice to get a little insight into the cargo bay's design, I never even noticed that big door before.
Also good to get a little insight into the lifeboat arrangements.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seeing that cargo bay stuff again reminds me of one of my big complaints with the Trek TV shows, inasmuch as they're go on for years and yet we'll NEVER see some parts of the ships. For example, in seven years the 1701-D main shuttlebay was NEVER shown (yes, I show we saw a teensy bit of it in Cause and Effect). Instead, we get dozens of forgettable matte shots of alien planets and so forth. I'd much rather see a new area of the ship than yet another alien city du jour.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps