Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Auction - Enterprise-D bike (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Auction - Enterprise-D bike
Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shaped more like Voyager than the Enterprise.

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you know anyone, Liam?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"trekstitute? trooker? Q-Who(re)?"

Actress?

Diffrence?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, unless you want to compare just about everyone who has ever appeared in any incarnation of "Star Trek" ever to prostitutes...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I already do....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Saltah'na:
Do you know anyone, Liam?

I know some people who think that saying "Kawaii" and "Kuso" makes them hardcore Japanese culture dudes.

So no.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know some people who think that watching anime makes them hardcore Japanese culture dudes.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And they insist on watching everything with subtitles. Including stuff that was originally in English. Because they are...Otuka!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean Otaku? (well, I've heard that word around before)

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

No. Or yes. Maybe.

Bejita rules!

--------------------

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Retards. It depends on the anime. F'r instance, I prefer to watch Uchu Senkan Yamato with subtitles because the dubbed version is awful. The dialogue for the American version (called Star Blazers) is better, but too many things about the story are altered, so there it is...

Same thing with Ranma�. Just to give you an idea of the low regard I hold for the translation, the actual title is "Ranma Nibun-no-Ichi", which means "Ramna Two-Parts-of-One" -- not "Ranma One-Half"!

On the other hand, Pioneer has a wonderful in-house English-dubbing team that does excellent translations of context (rather than just word-for-word transliterations) and even has English voice actors who sound like the original Japanese voice actors. I highly recommend the Tenchi Muyo! OVA series...

And at the opposite extreme of the first title I listed, I prefer the American rewrite called Robotech over the three separate series it was made from (even though I skip The Robotech Masters/Southern Cross).

I hate dabblers.

--Jonah

P.S. Watching anime does not make one a hardcore culture dude by any means, but it can open up the potential to become one. Of course, by the time you become one, you no longer care about being one. Still, I only spent two years in Japan. I needed at least one more...

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps