Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Lt. Commander Michael Eddington (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Lt. Commander Michael Eddington
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phhht.
Minor stuff compared with some of Voyager's crew.
Murdering sentient lifeforms for fuel, capturing and then redirecting a WMD back at a populated area etc...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

kmart
Member # 1092

- posted      Profile for kmart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Except when they murdered people and almost caused a war between the Federation and the Cardassians and then helped Dukat get the Dominion to take over Cardassia, yeah, they were great.

If the cause is just ...

--------------------
Achievement is its own reward; pride obscures it.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... then it's worth plunging the entire Quadrant into ... what would they call it, a Quadrant War? Billions of dead. Well, at least they exterminated the Cardassians in the process ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
He's a Starfleet Officer. We trust him. So he picks up a stray pad in one episode or sneaks a peek at Odo's console in another... He's our friend... we don't think a thing of it. Until WHAM! It all comes together. That's what I would like to have seen.

But that is so trite!! We would have been going... oh ohhh! Too obvious.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Except when they murdered people and almost caused a war between the Federation and the Cardassians and then helped Dukat get the Dominion to take over Cardassia, yeah, they were great.

As if those bloody Spoonheads weren't planning to incite another war with the Federation all by themselves. The Maquis were the only ones who got it right, while the Federation was busy appeasing the Cardassians. Nothing the Federation did in TNG or DS9 helped improve relations with the Cardassians, all it did was to give the Cardassians the impression that it was weak and ripe for the pickings.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the fact that they went around killing innocent civilians was okay?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, no more than the UFP abandoning its citizens.
cptmkb
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for cptmkb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
far greater horrors have been swept under the rug of history during times of upheaval..

--------------------
"C'mon, tightly hold your hand / Take a deep breath, give them the finger / Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?" - Our Lady Peace, One Man Army

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shouldn't we have had this conversation about 6 years ago?

Actually, the Federation NOT abandoning them was what caused the problems. If they'd have done what they did to the Indian-planet-where-Wesley-Went, and said "You can stay, but you aren't Federation citizens anymore", then there wouldn't have been a problem. But no, they put their planets in Cardassian space, and kept them as Federation citizens. Thereby dragging the Federation into the whole sorry mess.

I wonder if the Federation offered to move them?

And I wonder how many people that supported the Maquis also supported Strangely Dubbed Man in "The Ensigns Of Command", and believe that he should also have started a terrorist campaign.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Enterprise was sent to that planet in "Journey's End" specifically to relocate the population, was it not? Or at least to organize such a relocation?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I just got TNG season 7 on DVD on Wednesday, and "Journey's End" was the first episode I watched. Indeed, Picard's orders are to move the colonists by whatever means neccessary - Picard is troubled by this to such a degree that Admiral Ice Cold Bitch offers to find another captain to command Enterprise for the mission. Anyway, the A-story revolves around the elder Native American's belief that Picard was sent on the mission to erase a stain on his family's honor from when a Spaniard by the name of Picard participated in a massacre of Native Americans. And then all of a sudden our token Cardie friend -Gul Eveck (who along with Neyechev popped up in quite a few of the Maquis-related episodes: "Playing God", "Maquis pt. 1", "Tribunal", "Journey's End" and "Preemptive Strike" and most famously - "Caretaker") shows up to do a nifty little survey of the planet. Eventually he and Picard negotiate a deal which will allow the Native Americans to remain on the planet, telling their leader, "...I suspect that you will find that if you leave us alone, we will leave you alone..." (HAH!)

Now, it should be noted that Eveck tells Picard something along the lines of "Well, I should be able to convince Command that this is a good idea" and not "I WILL be able..." So maybe Command didn't think it was such a great idea ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Them was probably some seriously dead indians once the Cardassians and Dominion hooked up.
I doubt Gul Evek donned his Lone ranger mask and rode to their rescue....
Funny as that might be to envision.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Gul Eveck was dead for a couple of years by the time the Dominion moved into Cardassia - he was the commander of the ship pursuing Chakotay's Maquis raider in "Caretaker."

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought that Galor was only damaged, not destroyed. There's also the possibility of multiple 'Gul Eveck'.

Though, even if he wasn't dead, I doubt it would have made any difference.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
Gul Eveck was dead for a couple of years by the time the Dominion moved into Cardassia - he was the commander of the ship pursuing Chakotay's Maquis raider in "Caretaker."

That ship was not destroyed (according to dialogue in Caretaker, anyway).

...although a zombie cardassian Gul in a Lone Ranger costume commanding a silvery-white warship is kinda houmorous.....

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.