Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Federation President in TUC?

Author Topic: Federation President in TUC?
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quick question here:

Does anyone have any info -- canon or otherwise -- indicating a potential name of the long-haired, bespectacled President in "The Undiscovered Country"?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i believe that backstage info from TVH indicated that the white haired dudes are Efrosians, the TUC prez's makeup was based on the Efrosian Staratoga officer in TVH.

The novelization calls him President Ra-Ghoratrei (and also identifies the C-in-C of starfleet as Admiral William Smillie)

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't the novelisation also claim that he's a male Deltan? (Silly, since we saw male Deltans in the UFP Council Chambers in TVH, and they didn't look any different from the females.)

Yes, Efrosian is the name of the species according to the TVH makeup department.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Doesn't the novelisation also claim that he's a male Deltan?

Yes, it does and his name is Deltan-esque, too.

I believe I have a possible explanation for this mistake. According to the novelization of TVH by Vonda N. McIntyre, the Saratoga's science officer was a Deltan called Chitirih-Ra-Dreii. Dillard probably mistook the Deltan science officer for the Efrosian helmsman and thought that the Federation president was also Deltan.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps