Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » 2004 Trek DVD Announcements

Author Topic: 2004 Trek DVD Announcements
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Any Star Trek fans out there? Gotta say, I'd almost given up on Enterprise last season, but the third season has really been great so far. Admittedly we're only four episodes in, but I haven't enjoyed this show so much since... well, ever. If only they'd get rid of that absolutely awful country-rock theme song. Damn, what the hell were they thinking when they picked that thing? Since I'm speaking of Trek, how about a little DVD update? As you know, the Star Trek V: The Final Frontier - Special Collector's Edition is due on 10/14. You'll be pleased to learn that the Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country - Special Collector's Edition is now expected to be released by Paramount sometime in late January. The first season of Star Trek: Voyager should arrive on DVD sometime in February, with new seasons every couple of months throughout 2004. The Star Trek: Generations - Special Collector's Edition is also likely for later in 2004. There are still no plans yet to bring The Animated Series or Enterprise to DVD, and there's no new word on the possibility of releasing The Original Series in season box sets. Finally, don't expect that Borg Megacube containing the entire Next Generation series on DVD (all 48 discs) to be released in Region 1. That's going to be R2 only - Paramount has no plans for it here in the States. And at a UK retail price of 450.99, that's probably a good thing. Bet it talks when you open it: "Your wallet has been assimilated... resistance is futile..."
Digital Bits

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I ever get the ambition I may save a bit of money for these DVDs, then take a couple of weeks off work and watch them in order TOS onwards.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can picture that... I'd emerge from my room 2 weeks later covered in potato chip crumbs, 10 pounds heavier, albino white, with a full beard.

It would definitely be a fun two weeks. I could order pizza and beer every couple of hours. All I'd need is a bathroom and good recliner, both in a direct eyeline to the television.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
that Borg Megacube containing the entire Next Generation series on DVD (all 48 discs) . . . at a UK retail price of 450.99
Bugger THAT.
Especially when these episodes are constantly being repeated on just about every TV network on the planet.

quote:
I can picture that... I'd emerge from my room 2 weeks later covered in potato chip crumbs, 10 pounds heavier, albino white, with a full beard.
Hey! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the thought of watching 'The Outrageous Okona' and 'Shades of Grey' in the same day makes me cry like a disproportionately sized overly hairy baby.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, wesley has a hot ass, i'll get over it.......

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! *shivers* *laughs again*

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Okay.... so, who in their right mind would want to watch "Voyager" for two weeks straight, anyway?

Especially the prospect of watching "Projections," "Elogium," "Parturition," "Persistence of Vision," "Cold Fire," "Threshold," "Deadlock," "Tuvix," and "Resolutions" within a 48- to 72-hour period makes me feel extremely ill.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking forward to getting DS9's season five on Tuesday. I'm planning on watching one episode a night. By the time I'm done with it, it should be about time for season six! [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"All I'd need is a bathroom and good recliner, both in a direct eyeline to the television."

Easier if they aren't separate.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried reclining my toilet, but the tank wouldn't fill right.... [Wink]

Next project is to wall mount the tank and connect it with flex tubing, add a softer seat cushion, a case sized cooler for the drinks, a swing out table for the keyboard and mouse, a mini freezer for the pizzas, with a toaster over on top to cook them...

Well, you get the idea.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.