Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » over 600 TUC screen caps

Author Topic: over 600 TUC screen caps
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw it at trektoday.com

http://www.section31.com/epmovies/mov/tuccaps.html

I wonder if there is a good cap of some of those TMP aliens on Rurapenthe?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was interesting.

-

What parts of the K'Tinga are seen glowing when looking from the front of it? [Confused]

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps a deflector?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Emergency gravity generator heat exchanger? [Smile]

Timo Saloniemi

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was when the Battlecruiser was approaching Enterprise so maybe it's reverse impulse thrusters applied to slow the ship?

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose it could be a ramscoop.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TMP aliens on Rura Penthe?

I only now of vague claims of a Betelgeusean, but I never saw it.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

kmart
Member # 1092

- posted      Profile for kmart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ed French did most of the rure penthe and khitomer conference aliens and he went out of his way to include critters that tied in with the TV series, but I've never seen anything from him or Snell or Myers or any other makeup guy (and I think I interviewed all the principals on TUC except for the guy doing the klingon dog/jackal mastiff thingie) ever do any talking about including a Fletcher-designed alien from TMP like the Rigel things in there. The idea of having a costume designer do aliens doesn't make much sense to me anyway, and the results onscreen and stills from TMP are pretty limp (both kinds of Rigellian duck-guys especially so.)

--------------------
Achievement is its own reward; pride obscures it.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The TMP aliens were done by Freddie Philips, the same guy that did the TOS aliens.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

kmart
Member # 1092

- posted      Profile for kmart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
The TMP aliens were done by Freddie Philips, the same guy that did the TOS aliens.

Phillips and crew EXECUTED the makeups, but very little I've ever come across suggests that the creative design was his. There wer some other younger guys who contributed stuff (Steven Laporte is one of them, he was interviewed in STARLOG about that back in 78 or 79.)

MAKING OF ST-TMP info kinda conflicts with my view on this, but that book also seems to make it clear that Dick Rubin designed props when he was just the property master (and plenty of subsequent interviews with Brick Price and other folks indicate Rubin was responsible for NONE of this stuff, which again reflects the Sackett book as an erroneous source.)

The klingon designs are a question mark, as Fletcher claims credit for them, but since the heads are the same as heads done for mutants on GR's PLANET EARTH, I'm guessing THEY are Phillips designs (only guessing, because I haven't found a credit for makeup on that pilot film.)

There's plenty of documentation in FANTASTIC FILMS and elsewhere that Fletcher took on TMP alien design along with costuming when Wise brought him on to replace Bill Theiss (or possibly replace an unnamed interim designer after Theiss) ... the crummy ludicrous aliens are in large part easy to trace to him, as are the Sparkletts bottle space helmets and scuba spacesuits that were thrown out and redone more than once. Old ENTERPRISE INCIDENTS and STARLOGS have pics of the Fletcher spacehelmet, and it is a howler. Even the revised helmet/suit, which was used in the discarded memory wall/trench spacewalk, was no great shakes, since they were still trying to use his designs but hide the awfulness with plant-ons and such.

I like Fletcher's stuff for Meyer, but his stuff for Wise was pretty awful.

--------------------
Achievement is its own reward; pride obscures it.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps