Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek VI SE (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Star Trek VI SE
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, a stun beam could still be lethal if you were hit on the head by it.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or were shot for a solid thirty seconds, perhaps.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if this is in the novel, but I got the impression that it was also where they were shot. Maybe being hit at extreme range in, say, the temple might do it.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hate to think what would happen if you got phasered in the nether-regions at such close range ...

I seem to recall, perhaps from the novel, dialogue which indicated that a close-range phaser shot on stun at the stem of the spinal cord could kill.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd imagine if you got stunned in the temple or down the throat, you'd be history as well.

...or if they did ya "buckwheats" style and shot you up your asshole.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Next on Federation's Funniest Videos....

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MrNeutron:
Okay, so I watched the film and the extras. Here's my quick rundown:

FILM. This is essentially the version we've seen for years, including the extra scenes not in the original theatrical release (Operation Retrieve, Spock, Scotty and Valeris in the torpedo bay, the revelation that the "Klingon" assassin is Colonet West).

If you compare this film to the previous Trek SEs you'll notice the size of the letterbox bars is smaller. This is due to the format Meyer shot on, which is a slightly different aspect ratio to the other films.

Meyer did do a few small edits, though. The ones I noticed are:
1. Added a wide shot of the officer's mess at the start of the scene where Scotty discovers the uniforms.

I have that in my video version that you got in the wide-screen boxed set. Scotty's on the very left reading his 'schematics'.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MrNeutron:
The latter is a muted because it's not being said by an on-screen character, and it's redundant anyway. We SEE Excelsior's been hit. In fact, one thing that bugs me about this movie is all the overdubbing to explain the obvious.

Actually its a nice piece of continuity/a funny considering for the whole 25 years? of Chekov he was the one to CONSTANTLY point out the obvious in most situations.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

I remember an interview with Michael Dorn about Star Trek VI - and he said the spent a fair amount of time filming an impressive scene at the Khitomer Conference with all the various parties entering in full regalia etc. So is this not on the DVD?????????????? That's rediculous if it isn't.

--------------------

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you seen the Special Edition DVD for sale anywhere yet, AndrewR? It was supposedly released in Australia yesterday but none of my local shops seem to have it yet. [Frown]

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
I remember an interview with Michael Dorn about Star Trek VI - and he said the spent a fair amount of time filming an impressive scene at the Khitomer Conference with all the various parties entering in full regalia etc. So is this not on the DVD?????????????? That's rediculous if it isn't.

I remember that scene (or parts thereof). It features the President walking in with his wife... I guess the scene was on the 'standard' STVI DVD or something?

Sadly, like in most Trek movies, a lot of effort was put into designing great aliens, but they were barely glimpsed, and apparently not documented at all...

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Dax:
Have you seen the Special Edition DVD for sale anywhere yet, AndrewR? It was supposedly released in Australia yesterday but none of my local shops seem to have it yet. [Frown]

No I haven't seen it yet, but I haven't exactly been looking - I only realised that we should at least have ST:V SE on DVD now... bit behind! [Smile]
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
quote:

I remember that scene (or parts thereof). It features the President walking in with his wife... I guess the scene was on the 'standard' STVI DVD or something?

Sadly, like in most Trek movies, a lot of effort was put into designing great aliens, but they were barely glimpsed, and apparently not documented at all...

Don't remember the wife bit!! (Well at least on the video - funny that they should add it in for the non SE version DVD)

Michael Dorn said it was an elaborate scene that took all day to film and they announced the arrival of each 'government'. Must have been a lot of film on the editing room floor, as the only 'entrance' we get is a matte shot of a Fed and Klingon outside the auditorium-cum-rebel-borg headquarters-cum-some-library. [Smile]

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not too mention a Power Ranger HQ.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
No I haven't seen it yet, but I haven't exactly been looking - I only realised that we should at least have ST:V SE on DVD now... bit behind! [Smile]

OK. Thanks anyway.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps