Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek VI SE (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Star Trek VI SE
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Don't remember the wife bit!! (Well at least on the video - funny that they should add it in for the non SE version DVD)

Erm, they don't.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Kosa
Member # 650

- posted      Profile for Kosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still havent seen it on shelves. You yet Dax?

--------------------
More human than human -Blade Runner

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kosa:
I still havent seen it on shelves. You yet Dax?

No, it's not out here yet. The release date has been changed to 4th of March.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there any mention in the behind the scenes stuff on the changes made to the Excelsior studio model?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:
Don't remember the wife bit!! (Well at least on the video - funny that they should add it in for the non SE version DVD)

Erm, they don't.
Well I'm only going by what Harry said:

"I remember that scene (or parts thereof). It features the President walking in with his wife... I guess the scene was on the 'standard' STVI DVD or something?"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I guess that scene was on..."

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Is there any mention in the behind the scenes stuff on the changes made to the Excelsior studio model?

Unfortunately there wasn't a dedicated model section at all, although Nick Meyer got his fair share of interviews in. No model shots at all that I've come across.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would have been nice if that was included in "Penny's Toy Box".

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dat:
It would have been nice if that was included in "Penny's Toy Box".

Generally speaking, SFX miniatures aren't usually stored with the props.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends. Sometimes a lot of them are, as seen in the TNG Bonus materials with Penny showing us her archive.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right. My RC2 set has arrived. No Enterprise-B on any of the discs...

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Region 4 one is out now too. Also no Ent-B to be seen.

It's a pity that I found watching this movie again to be horribly boring. Probably the most (perhaps only) intersting thing is the interviews included on the bonus disc.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:

Erm, they don't.
Well I'm only going by what Harry said:

"I remember that scene (or parts thereof). It features the President walking in with his wife... I guess the scene was on the 'standard' STVI DVD or something?"

I got the DVD just the other day and the bit with the president and his wife is in fact a part of the theatrical trailer, along with a similar shot of Azetbur and co arriving at Khitomer...all three seconds of it.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My take on the disc and movie:

It's too bad. I remembered liking this movie a lot more the last time than I did this time through. Pacing problems. Kinda dragged ass in many scenes, tried to be everything to all people and suffered greatly for striving for such mediocrity. Dunno. Seems like with the people involved, it should have been far better. It's not terrible, it's just... meh. Not really the coup de grace the Star Trek (OS) legacy deserved.

Also the bonus stuff was piddly weak tea. Well that's not 100% true, but there wasn't near as much as I'd hoped for, and it would seem, as much as there could have been. In one of the making-of featurettes, Shatner talks about how he wanted to add this gesture to the end of his 'let them die' speech (which I actualy agree with), but then they showed the raw clip of that with the gesture. Which when combined with some of the raw Brock Peters shots makes me think there must have been more we could have seen. Sadly, I liked the STV special features better.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen this fancy special edition thing yet, but, Star Trek VI is possibly my second favorite, on account of it being the only movie that really uses the Federation as something more than background detail. (Though keep in mind this is from someone who thinks Star Trek: Dry Political Speechifying is a neat idea.)
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps